1,275 results
All reviews rhubarb restaurant tapestry room highland cattle owners suite benjamin franklin italian room lord provost ramsey suite whisky room chateaubriand public rooms bottle of champagne wedding venue arthur's seat stunning hotel upgraded to a suite sister hotel
Reviewed September 29, 2017

We had visited before nearly 10 years ago and were blown away. Our latest trip was to celebrate a special birthday and anniversary, and we were pleased to discover that the same level of quality had been maintained. In my opinion, this is one of the best hotels in Scotland, if not the UK. The food is magnificent, and the ambiance totally unique. So much better than the usual bland chain hotel experience, this feels more like staying in a luxury home with so many different spaces to relax in and the superb decor. Can't recommend highly enough, and we won't leave it 10 years again!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2017

Had a lovely stay here and a good meal, only issue is we had to wait for our room to be available but the staff were helpful and responsive.

The room was lovely (when we did get in) and were given a bottle of prosecco in the room. Ate at the Hotel and this was a good standard.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2017

I was most fortunate to be a guest at a private dinner for ten people last week. What an evening!
Apart from the great pleasure of being in the company of a legendary Scottish Rigby internationalist, in addition to my friends, of course (!) the other great pleasure was to experience the professionalism of the wait staff and the excellence of the cuisine, to say nothing of the wines.
A truly memorable experience that I was blessed to be part of.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 26, 2017

I had my hen party here, and myself and my girls had a fantastic time. Such a charming and luxrious hotel. Not for a caual stay, as it is on the prciy side, but I woul recommend for a special occasion.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 25, 2017 via mobile

Booked the owner's suite.

Problems. There is one phone in the bedroom. None in the sitting room. You have to dash if the front desk calls.

Bathroom. Plumbing is ridiculous for a five star hotel. The drain for the bath was unmovable When we asked for assistance the man that arrived said that he was not strong enough to move the ancient drain controls.

The sink could use a mixing valve instead of a 19 th century sink with separate taps

Breakfast for two. We were sent one croissant. No jam or butter. On this one. We did eventually receive all the missing articles 30 mins later

We were told the general manager was on vacation

No one there knew the name Basil Faulty