3,098 results
All reviews royal mile great location rubber duck grassmarket area walk in shower excellent hotel elemis toiletries pubs and restaurants grass market castle view nespresso machine modern hotel would highly recommend this hotel stayed here for nights breakfast was excellent comfy bed princes street
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We stayed in the apex for 3 nights over St Patrick's Weekend. The hotel is beautiful, modern and crisply clean. The staff at reception were really nice. We did not eat food here but the menu looked appetizing. We were given a map of Edinburgh and any questions we had were answered.
The room was beautiful and very clean. We were greeted in the bathroom by 'Bobby' our apex duck. I thought this was a lovely idea. It now has pride of place in our bathroom in Ireland.
We will certainly be returning to Edinburgh and will for sure stay at the apex again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MHobin, General Manager at Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed the St Patrick's celebrations.

I also agree that the menu is very appetising, and should be sampled upon your return.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Apex for a week and really enjoyed it! The staff was extremely friendly and they went out of their way to help us celebrate our belated honeymoon! We had a sweet card from the hotel and a couple surprises in our room to help us celebrate!
The location was perfect with only a small hike up Victoria St. to get to the Royal Mile.
We had a wonderful view of the castle and there are several bars and restaurants close by.
The continental breakfast was tasty but we were craving more protein with our breakfast. Our only wish would be for some eggs to be added to the continental breakfast...whether scrambled or hard boiled.
After reading reviews about the loud doors, we brought a travel sound machine which really helped. It would be great if they could find a way to soften the closing of the stairwell doors! Very loud considering it’s all tile/hardwood floors in the hallway and the rooms. Sound travels.
Overall a wonderful stay and we would definitely go back!
Thank you for making our trip so special!

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for feedback on breakfast, this is something that I will action.

Reviewed March 29, 2018

Booked 2 rooms for a special birthday celebration. Contacted the hotel prior to arrival as required disabled parking and a room with disabled access bathroom - both of these requests were fulfilled. Check in was easy and as the rooms were not ready, luggage storage was offered and my bag was then taken to the room once it was ready. Very comfortable and spacious bedrooms - good facilities ( hot drinks, biscuits, fridge, tv and WIFI). Comfortable bar area with a view. Staff friendly. All areas clean and spacious. Reception lounge area a little cold. Great location for access to all areas of Edinburgh.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
MHobin, General Manager at Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2018

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I hope we welcome you back soon.

Reviewed March 29, 2018

I chose this hotel for its convenience and it didn't disappoint. The Grassmarket is a lovely area and my room at the back beautifully quiet. Lovely room, spotlessly clean and well appointed with such a comfy bed I slept solidly each night - unusual for me in a strange place. Good breakfast too. But the icing on the cake was the staff. So friendly, welcoming and accommodating from check in to breakfast and in passing. Would definitely stay again.

Room tip: Rooms at the back very quiet
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

It was fantastic to read you review, and I will ensure that your comments are based on to the team.

I hope we have the opportunity to be of service again.

Reviewed March 23, 2018 via mobile

Me and my partner arrived here on 19/03 at 11.30 am. Our room was ready straight away for us even though our check in time wasn't until 2pm. The room was fantastic, sparkling clean. Great refreshments and more. We had free virgin WiFi for the stay. We got settled into our room and decided to venture out to explore. Unfortunately on our second day I got food poisoning from the restaurant at the zoo and made quite a mess in the hotel bathroom. I went downstairs and explained and they brought me some fresh bottled water and clean towels to use. We decided to try the restaurant out in the hotel and the food was absolutely fantastic! It's fine dining and the staff were so friendly and polite. It's abit pricey but defenitly worth the money, an 8oz serloin will set you back £22 and the bottle of house wine £19.95. It was a special occasion so we didn't mind paying. On the back of your hotel room door there is a number of different door hangers and even one to hang out for breakfast delivered to your room the next day. They will refresh your room as many times as you like as long as you put the refresh hanger on the door. The whole experience of the hotel is just fantastic and I will defenitly be returning in the summer. The view from our hotel window wasn't great as we were opposite a school I think and opened the curtain one day to see children looking out of the window and at the bottom was a short space of grass with a shed however, a local fat squirrel lived in that shed and was nice to sit and watch him on a morning. The bars are very old on the street but interesting and the bars further down are mostly student bars there was teenage girls standing drinking and playing pool in their pyjamas and slippers and it was abit uncomfortable so local is the way to go. Also a few feet from the hotel is a sandwich shop called 'oink' bright pink and you can't miss it but you must try it! Their pulled pork sandwiches are just the best! We also tried a couple of the local chippys but they are just horrendous majority never have kebab in stock and don't have gravy or garlic so we opted for some room service sandwiches from the hotel at 1am and they were also fantastic, they came with home made slaw and a little bowl of kettle crisps and we'll as a small side salad and a selection of condiment jars. The best part was the free rubber duck you get. They all come with a name and you are encouraged to take him on future journeys with you. Its a 10 minute bus journey on the 100 bus to the zoo and a 10 minute walk from the hotel to the city centre. Would 100% recommend.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post you review.

I am delighted that you have had an enjoyable experience and we look forward to having you back this summer.