“We became engaged in this apartment. An...”
other travellers have booked this property
Living-room (with double sofabed) with dining area
Dining area of the living-room Another view of the dining area in the Living-room
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Living-room (with double sofabed) with dining area
Dining area of the living-room
Another view of the dining area in the Living-room
Kitchen (a separate room from the living-room)
Bedroom with king-size double bed
Bathroom with bathtub and shower over
A view of the Royal Mile from Jeffrey Street
View of Princes Street and the Balmoral Tower from the apartment
View of Calton Hill from the roof terrace
Roof ornament of 8 Jeffrey Street
The facade of 8 Jeffrey Street
Another view of the facade of 8 Jeffrey Street
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
katelin_8...
Wollongong, Australia
“We became engaged in this apartment. An incredible stay.”
Reviewed 20 November 2012 for a stay in December 2011
person found this review helpful

This is quite a late review; my fiance and I stayed in this apartment over Christmas 2011.

After a long trip from Galway (with everything we owned packed in suitcases) we finally arrived at the apartment late at night. Martin had kindly mailed the keys to us a few weeks earlier so we could get in easily. When we arrived the apartment was lovely and warm, with a bottle of wine waiting for us. Everything was perfect - from the view out of the windows, to the guestbook containing memories of a couple who had lived there decades before, to the incredible rooftop balcony with sweeping views of Edinburgh.

The bedroom had a comfortable bed with soft towels laid on top. The entire apartment, in fact, was very clean and the kitchen contained everything we needed for the week that we stayed there. WiFi was also available free of charge.

Our favourite part was the fireplace, infront of which my (now) fiance proposed to me on Christmas morning.

The apartment is in a central location in a secure building. It is not a far walk to convenience stores and central Edinburgh. The rooftop terrace is only one flight of stairs up from the apartment and offers an incredible view of the city. I cannot wait to return to Edinburgh and stay in this apartment again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Fireplace, rooftop views
Liked least: Nothing!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
19 Nov 2012
Thanks for your review - much appreciated. And congratulations on your engagement! It's great to hear that your fiancé proposed to you at Jeffrey Street.

In fact, the couple who you refer to in your review came back to that apartment to celebrate their Diamond Wedding Anniversary (the apartment was their first home together back in the 1950s).

Wishing you both many happy years together!

Best wishes

Canada

Canada

Management Response
1 Nov 2012
It was great to be able to welcome you back again to Flat 14, and glad to hear that you enjoyed the apartment as much as before. Nice to know that you appreciated the sharp knives: there's nothing worse than blunt knives when trying to cook!

Yes, you're right that the apartment is good for two guests, and sometimes the second guest prefers to use the sofabed rather than share the bed in the bedroom. The sofabed option also makes for good-value accommodation for 3 or 4 guests. We also have two-bedroom apartments available at Vacation Rentals Scotland for those who prefer a little more space.

We hope to be able to welcome you back again to one of our apartments at some point in the future.

Best regards
Martin, Vacation Rentals Scotland
Rotterdam
Reviewed 15 October 2012 for a stay in October 2012

Dublin
Reviewed 20 September 2012 for a stay in September 2012

A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing