The hotel is very near Haymarket station (just across the road) and handy if you're getting the train in. We checked in at the main building (the one with the restaurant) and were quite early. The member of staff noticed our pram and said the room wasn't ideal as it was down some stairs so changed it to another room which was ready for us. On entering the room they called us to say they thought it would be a squeeze with the cot they were going to provide and would we be happy to move to a larger room.
To be honest the room was a good size, it wasn't huge but was functional and the bathroom seemed OK too, but I'm not one to turn down a larger room! We got moved to one at the front of the hotel and a member of staff came to help us with our stuff and take us across.
The other room was much bigger, both rooms were well done out to a high standard and were clean and tidy. Taking on some comments from other reviews I would say it was a little noisy being at the front but wasn't too bad, the window was slightly drafty, the water pressure wasn't brilliant but worked fine for us. The wi-fi wignal was excellent for us and we used the BT Openzone (some mobile providers will give you free access to BT Openzone so worth checking out first).It would be nice if the room had a fridge too.
We found the service was excellent from all members of staff and we were always greeted with a smile and a cheery hello, and during any interactions with staff they always seemed to be happy to go the extra mile to make our stay a good one. I know other reviews have mentioned a lot of foreign staff (it makes no difference to me) but there was a lot of English and Scottish staff. Had the service not been so good I would have maybe scored this a 4 out of 5.
The hotel is located in a quiet area, there is a Boots nearby and a Co-op food store as well as plenty of restaurants and bars. Princes walk is a good 10 minutes but not really a problem for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A historic 1860s listed building, the Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor hotel is housed over two buildings, a main building and a townhouse building. Situated in the stylish West End of the city, our hotel is just 200 meters from Haymarket train station and offers easy access to Edinburgh's iconic attractions, from Edinburgh Castle to Princes Street and the Royal Mile and is the perfect location to explore Scotland’s capital city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor Scotland