All reviews stag do city centre twin room beds were comfortable princes street cooked breakfast late at night within walking distance full scottish family room fresh fruit minute walk enjoyable stay fringe festival tea and coffee edinburgh castle royal mile
Reviewed April 27, 2018 via mobile

I wasn’t entirely sure what to expect when I turned up to the hotel as it was booked through a stag do/hen do company. But the hotel is what it is. Basic but clean. We had a shared room with 5 beds. But this was literally used to sleep after a night out. In the room there was a shower, tv and tea and coffee making facilities. The owner was very accommodating. Breakfast was of a decent standard the one time I made it down to the restaurant area. All in all for a stag do group of 13, I couldn’t really fault it. It’s not the ritz but neither is the price

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed April 24, 2018 via mobile

What a hotel and what an owner, 15 Lads in a hotel that beats all others, Great rooms, Great Breakfast and an owner who gives that much more and I know! Whether afternoon or late at night opened the Bar for drinks and very cheap, Is a bit of a walk to town but we got cabs, I couldn’t fault this place and was so much better than we all thought, if you want luxury then suggest paying £££s if you want a clean, respectable and SAFE place then this is for you, the owner is a friend for life and the weather was DAN cold!!!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed February 15, 2018 via mobile

I stayed for ten days at this hotel. It's a bit far from the city centre (if you're fond of walking, it's a 20-25 minute walk), anyway you can take bus number 8 and you get off at North Bridge. From there, you're near the Royal Mile, Princes Street, Edinburgh Castle, the National Museum, the Writers' Museum...everything is within walking distance.
The hotel is really comfortable, rooms are clean and well equipped with towels, shampoo, soap, heating, tv, electric kettle, coffee, tea... 10/10 ☺

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed December 29, 2017

At £40 b&b, single occupancy of a good sized twin room in Edinburgh, the Claremont is great value for money. Nice quite location about a 15 minutes walk from Princes Street via Brought on Street - lots of local bars and restaurants close by. Large terraced property, rambling internally in typical Edinburgh fashion. Bedroom was clean as was bathroom and all looked to have had a recent coat of paint - only downside was a limited internet connection. Breakfast was very good, all the usual plus a full Scottish. All in all, great value and will definitely use again on another night out.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ianmZ149HR
Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

Location was about 15 mins walk from bus station which is a good exercise. Breakfast is great with choice of bacon, eggs and sausages you can request. It comes with breakfast buffet too (cereals, breads, juices, fruits and etc.) The owner is very friendly and gives you all info you need. Rooms are on a decent clean state. Its has an Edinburgh feel to it! My only criticism is my wifi in my room (no.14) not working properly but I didn’t complain just because I didn’t really need it thats the only thing that stopped me from giving it a very good rating.

Date of stay: November 2017