We stayed here for one night in April with the intention of going to the zoo on the first day and realised as soon as we arrived that we couldn't have stayed any closer to the zoo. We caught a taxi from Haymarket station for about £6 and after dropping off our luggage (we were too early to check in) we walked across the car park to the zoo.
When we later checked in, we found our room was a decent size, particularly the bathroom which was much larger than bathrooms we have normally stayed in. The room was clean and thankfully we were out of range of any noisy animals, which the taxi driver warned us of. We has to ask for an extra towel as they had only provided two small towels and one medium towel but they were quick to provide four extra towels as soon as we returned to our room.
The breakfast in the morning was a standard continental buffet breakfast, but it was quite busy at around 9-9.30am, although we didn't have any problems with food/drink running out. The staff were friendly although, with it being half-term, there were a lot of children running around so we didn't have the best sleep.
If you aren't intending to go to the zoo, you are probably best to stay somewhere closer to wherever you intend to visit, although travelling into the city wasn't too difficult as there was a bus stop outside the hotel/zoo and the bus cost £1.40 for a single trip which is obviously cheaper than the taxi (around £12 from the centre of Edinburgh).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh is a 4 Star modern hotel situated on the west of Edinburgh, three miles from the city centre, four miles from Edinburgh Airport, and adjacent to Edinburgh Zoo.The Hotel is ideally situated for both Leisure and Business, near to Edinburgh Business Park. The Holiday Inn Edinburgh enjoys great panoramic views of the Pentland Hills. The Hotel is perfect for leisure customers, with many nearby attractions including Edinburgh Castle, Holyrood Palace and the Museum of Scotland. The hotel has 303 rooms including Executive and Family rooms, ideal for Bank Holiday breaks. The hotel has a choice of two restaurants - Traders Restaurant or Sampans Oriental Restaurant, as well as a cafÃ© and relaxing bar. Kids Stay & Eat Free*. The Hotel boasts a Spirit Health and Fitness Club which is the ideal way to relax, with a fully equipped Gymnasium, Swimming Pool, Sauna, Spa and Beauty Treatments. Beauty Treatments can be booked prior to arrival on 0131 316 4739.On-site there are 200 complimentary Parking Spaces. Our Conference Centre 'The Academy' offers state-of-the-art suites, with 14 meeting rooms which can cater for up to 120 guests. Also accessible to Edinburgh University and ideally situated for Royal Highland Show Festival, Tattoo and Rugby Six Nations. *Terms and Conditions apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh Scotland