The check in was very easy and efficiently handled by the check in desk staff. We had a room facing the Pentland Hills the view from the window was to die for.
Breakfast was a great start to your day. The service from the table staff was second to none and this was down to the Restaurant Manager keeping his finger on the pulse.
We had dinner in Sampans the Oriental restaurant in the hotel and I would recommend this to anyone. They cater for any taste and any heat of curry hot,hot hot or not. The waiting staff were very attentive but not overly. At the reception area they have an information board which has apart from things to do in Edinburgh it also includes the buses which you can take into town.
The fares are very cheap it costs £1.40 single or a day ticket at £3.70 takes you from the Gyle Shopping centre right down to Ocean Terminal and a lot more in between.
Enjoy Your Stay at the Holiday Inn Edinburgh.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh is a 4 Star modern hotel situated on the west of Edinburgh, three miles from the city centre, four miles from Edinburgh Airport, and adjacent to Edinburgh Zoo.The Hotel is ideally situated for both Leisure and Business, near to Edinburgh Business Park. The Holiday Inn Edinburgh enjoys great panoramic views of the Pentland Hills. The Hotel is perfect for leisure customers, with many nearby attractions including Edinburgh Castle, Holyrood Palace and the Museum of Scotland. The hotel has 303 rooms including Executive and Family rooms, ideal for Bank Holiday breaks. The hotel has a choice of two restaurants - Traders Restaurant or Sampans Oriental Restaurant, as well as a cafÃ© and relaxing bar. Kids Stay & Eat Free*. The Hotel boasts a Spirit Health and Fitness Club which is the ideal way to relax, with a fully equipped Gymnasium, Swimming Pool, Sauna, Spa and Beauty Treatments. Beauty Treatments can be booked prior to arrival on 0131 316 4739.On-site there are 200 complimentary Parking Spaces. Our Conference Centre 'The Academy' offers state-of-the-art suites, with 14 meeting rooms which can cater for up to 120 guests. Also accessible to Edinburgh University and ideally situated for Royal Highland Show Festival, Tattoo and Rugby Six Nations. *Terms and Conditions apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh Scotland