The hotel is secluded in a smaller, business-y area of Edinburgh. Not too far from Waverley station (10 minutes by car). it's got quite a typical chain-hotel attitude. The service was okay but could've been alot better: We had a room for 3, so it was a king bed and sofa bed. When i came in i realised there were no extra pillows, duvet, and even bedsheets for the sofa bed even though i clearly noted that there were three of us staying! The most irritating part was, i had to order those items almost ONE BY ONE (bed stuff, and then towels! There were only two sets in the room for three).
The room was abit noisy, it seemed like htere were engines on top of the celing or something. We could hear a low hum at night when it was quiet. The shower's water kept on going from hot to cold randomly, i guess it's because several rooms share one boiler, and it was extremely irritating with the whole "showering rush hours".
Breakfast was alright, bit crowded and the items were your usual : scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, yogurt and cereal..coffee...tea. etc. The hallway of the lobby to the elevator had a weird smell, almost like an unpleasant farm smell, and that also effected the dining area slightly. The quality of the food weren't very good. The breads were extremely stale and one of the mornings' coffee was nasty! For value, this is a decent hotel, but flawed when it comes to detail. i just expected much more from a big hotel chain like Marriott!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We're delighted to bring you the UK's first Residence Inn by Marriott offering you short and long stay Edinburgh accommodation. Set a pace that suits you at Residence Inn by Marriott. Whether you're with us for a few days, a few weeks, or a few months, your daily routine matters. Located in the heart of Edinburgh in the new Quartermile development you have it all at your fingertips with Edinburgh Castle, the Royal Mile, Holyrood Palace, Princes Street, the Meadows, the National Museum of Scotland and the Scottish Parliament all with in a few minutes walk. You'll thrive at Residence Inn with all the conveniences you need. Like spacious studio, superior studio and one bedroom suites with separate living, working, kitchen and sleeping areas. Complimentary grocery delivery service to fill your refrigerator and satisfy cravings. Complimentary internet for connecting to work and the outside world. Free hot breakfast to start mornings off right and evening social hours to end the day well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Residence Inn Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Residence Inn Edinburgh Scotland