My partner and I stayed at this hotel at the end of February this year. After reading the reviews on here we were aware that there were not many carparking spaces and decided to fly from the midlands and get a taxi from the airport. The transfer was great and even at rush hour the taxi was very reasonable.
Now to the hotel. We arrived at the hotel with very friendly staff at reception ready and waiting to assist. The receptionist explained everything to us, told us how to get to our room and assisted with our questions.
The hotel itself was clean, inviting and very well organised.
Our room was on the 6th floor and although the seals around the window were broken and a little wind noise came in, you could tell that they had done everything they could to reduce the noise by fitting heavy set curtains which did help. The bathroom and toilet were seperate with no basin in the WC. Whilst we thought this a little odd, it was not a major issue. The minibar was stocked with a variety of soft drinks, beer and snacks however the price list was missing. I was most impressed with the coffee machine as was my partner. Nice touch to have that as well as the kettle and range of drinks available.
The breakfast in the dining area was standard for hotels, continental and full english/scottish with a range of fruit juices, cereals, yoghurts etc. I thought the £13.95 price tag was a bit steep considering we could have had it for £6.99 if we booked it at the same time as the room. When we mentioned this to the receptionist on check out they were happy to discount the price down to £8.50 so it wasn't all bad. The hotel bar was very nice and open late, prices were typical of hotels. Recommend you have 'one for the road' though as it comes as a little shock when you check out and the bar tab needs paying :-(
Unfortunately, on check out, we forgot the Champagne we had brought for our wedding in May. We called the hotel and they were more than happy to keep it for us as we were going to the highlands for a week. At the end of this week, we didnt fancy going back through Edinburgh on the way home as its 2 hours out of th way so we called the hotel and they were happy to post it to us. They called to arrange the best place to return it to and to arrange payment for the postage. When it arrived they had made every effort to ensure the bottles were not damaged by bubblewrapping and packaging as much as possible.
All in all I can say I was presently surprised by this hotel and would definately return without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Edinburgh Centre is an AA rated 4 star hotel in the centre of Edinburgh. Perfect for a holiday in the Scottish capital, close to Edinburgh Castle and the lively Grassmarket Area, 10 min walk from Princes Street shopping and the Royal Mile. The famous Arthurs Seat is 15 min walk away and Edinburgh International Airport 15 min drive. Relax with friends or family and enjoy Elements Restaurant and Bar, 24 hour room service, indoor pool, sauna, steam room, gym and whirlpool. Limited pay parking. Complimentary WiFi available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, ACCOR and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Novotel Edinburgh Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Edinburgh Centre Hotel Edinburgh
- Accor Edinburgh Centre
- Edinburgh Novotel
- Novotel Edinburgh Centre Scotland