“Good little place to stay in Edinburgh”
Review of Piries Hotel

Piries Hotel
Ranked #132 of 149 Hotels in Edinburgh
Australia
“Good little place to stay in Edinburgh”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We stayed here for a few nights over Hogmanay and it was a good little place. The staff were really friendly and helpful, and the hotel was cute and comfortable.

The room we had was quite small but had everything that we needed and it was well configured for such a small space. The bed was comfy and the heating was just right.

The breakfasts were really lovely. The selection was quite simple but it had everything that we needed to start the day.

The location is quite central. Because of Hogmanay, we always walked into the main centre of the city and this only took about 15 mins.

Parking was a bit of a hassle, as there is limited street parking servicing a number of other hotels/BnBs on the same road but it would probably not be an issue outside of peak holiday periods.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank I_Louvre_France
Khaledibrahim, General Manager at Piries Hotel, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us at Piries..We strive as a team to ensure all our guests receive a very welcoming and memorable experience

Once again thank you for your time

Khaled Ibrahim

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Island of Malta, Malta
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Been there for three nights. The room is very lovely and comfortable, almost as good as certain 4 stars I stayed in. Clean and very well situated. I was not however impressed with the night receptionist. When I approached the reception at 6am cause my lights in d bathroom weren't turning on, he was outside smoking (acceptable), told me to press the red button turned around again and ignored me. The red button he referred to is still a mystery. I do not expect him to walk all day to my room, however an explanation of where to find this red button would have been welcome. For the record, I ended up using the bathroom in complete darkness. What an idle and lazy staff member!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Luca R
Khaledibrahim, General Manager at Piries Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Dear Guest

First I would like to take this opportunity and thank you for staying with us at Piries Hotel, Edinburgh, most importantly your valuable time writing your feedback

I am glad that you have had a great time with us enjoying Edinburgh..

Your comment with regards to the lazy receptionist will be passed to the staff member.

However, I would like to highlight an important point which yourself have brought to the staff member (unconscious guest on the floor) which he(staff) spent a great deal of time trying to revive the guest and of course the staff has forgotten about your request in these panic moments.

Furthermore the staff member have visited your room shortly(20min) later to see if he can helpe you further but you were checked out(07.30AM)

Please accept my apology if the the night receptionist can't coordinate 2 jobs at the same time

Once again we will be very happy to welcome you in near future

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I recently stayed at the Piries for a short stay with my Partner over the festive season. i have taken time out to write this review due to the high quality of service provided and attention to detail in the management and presentation of both the room we were allocated and the substantial continental breakfast we were provided each morning.

Nothing was too much for the staff who treated us with dignity for the duration of our stay and were on hand whenever we needed them.

The room was clean and fresh, the staff were professional and the breakfast was the ideal start for a day shopping and socialising in Edinburgh.The hotels location at the edge of the city centre is also a bonus as most city centre attractions are only a short distance away. A taxi is on hand for guests at all times for longer journeys.

I would have no hesitation in reccomending this hotel to others and look forward to returning next year.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Khaledibrahim, General Manager at Piries Hotel, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
Dear Guest
May I take this opportunity and thank you for your valuable time and the constructive feedback on your recent stay at Piries Hotel, Edinburgh

We at Piries strive to please all our guests to ensure they have the best experience while visiting Edinburgh

We appreciate your time and confident choosing Piries as your stopover in Edinburgh

Looking forward to welcome you once again in near future

Il-Fgura, null, Malta
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I was there with my friends the last weekend. We hired an Executive room for 3 (Bed basis only - no breakfast). The room was very good, very big, nice & comfortable. Even the bathroom was very big being a hotel's room. The staff was very helpful indicating places to visit & calling for taxis. It is also a 10minute walk from Princes Str. I would definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and feedback on your recent stay at The Piries Hotel, Edinburgh. We are delighted that Piries hotel has met your expectations and the team were very helpful throughout your stay

Once again thank you for choosing Piries Hotel, Edinburgh

Heidelberg, Australia
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 5 nights over NYE with friends. Was my first trip to Scotland and booked unsure what we were getting. upon arrival we discovered that the hotel was presented well and our room was amazing, much larger than expected.
Just remember email to request an en suite not all the rooms have them.
Beds were comfy, room well heated.

Plenty of restaurants and bars around.also supermarkets for anyone trying to save a buck on food.

It's not a long walk to town- about 15-20 ish. But there are hills, the bus also runs to town. Right next to Haymarket train station, easily walked with bags.

Only two small complaints- The bathroom was a little tired, a few loose tiles and the tap dripped. And the receptionist on arrival when we asked if the breakfast was had a gluten free option had no clue what gluten was and suggested that they had cereal and bread.

Overall a wonderful stay and I will be back!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Khaledibrahim, General Manager at Piries Hotel, responded to this review, 4 January 2012
Dear Guest
First May I take this opportunity to wish you a happy 2012 and thank you for taking the time and feedback on your recent stay at The Piries Hotel, Edinburgh

Myself and the piries team are delighted that we have met but exceeded your expectations

With regards to the minor issues you have mentioned(loss tile & dripped tap)! It will be fixed immediately. Thank you for letting us know

I apologize on behalves of the reception team if they couldn't answer your question with regards to GLUTEN free breakfast....

Finally I would like to stress that all our rooms are en suite and there is no need to phone prior to your arrival....we only have one apartment(Family) ONLY can be let to a group of friends or family where its a share bathroom...

Once again thank you for staying with us and looking forward to welcome you in near future

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 December 2011

I have stayed in the Piries 3 or 4 times a year for the last 8 years as I work at Murrayfield Rugby Stadium occasionally. The main reason I stayed before was its proximity to the stadium and the cheap price, but to be truthful, the facilities were functional, but tired.
The hotel`s transformation (ongoing) is great ;the room rates are amazing value for money. We paid £79 for a triple room with breakfast.
The staff are the friendliest I can remeber in any hotel I have visited, and I have stayed at hundreds. Lena, along with her reception colleagues, and the young dark haired Scottish morning waitress are doing the hotel proud.We even were given a Christmas card and a small box of chocolates.The housekeeping staff responded to any requests we had quickly and efficiently. Keep up the good work, see you in January. Gordon Smith

Room Tip: Ask to have a picture of the room sent by email. The hotel is just off maun road, but all rooms are...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Smudge280
Khaledibrahim, General Manager at Piries Hotel, responded to this review, 22 December 2011
Dear Guest
First I would like to thank you for choosing Piries Hotel as your 2nd home during your continuous visits to Edinburgh

Myself and my team are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay and most importantly that you have enjoyed the recent development in the hotel

We strive as a hotel to meet and exceed all our guests expectations

Once again thank you for your time and feedback on your recent stay

Looking forward to welcome you again and again

Have a good Xmas and prosperous new year from all of us at The Piries hotel

Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 29 November 2011

This was my first visit to Edinbugh, wasn't sure of the Hotel that I booked, but still decided to take a chance. It's very good value for Money (Guess I got a special price because I stayed for 5 nights) ..Rooms are good nicely maintained, Breakfast was Good as well. But the One thing that stands out and deserves a standing ovation is the service !!

The service of this Hotel is EXCELLENT !! This is a service based industry, and no matter how many Stars a Hotel has, it all comes down to one basic factor, Service, and how the guest is treated !!!

While the entire staff of the hotel were allways helpfull, I would like to specially mention and congratulate, *****Anna, Natalie, Simone, Lena, & Katalin**** for doing everything to make my stay at Piries Hotel comfortable. Hats off them !!!

Piries Hotel will definetly be my hotel of choice if I ever had to visit Edinburgh again, Thanks to the staff ...Keep up the Good work Folks !!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank justanotherkenny
Khaledibrahim, General Manager at Piries Hotel, responded to this review, 8 December 2011

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at The Piries Hotel, Edinburgh

Myself and the team are delighted that your stay with us was enjoyable and met with your expectations

We all at Piries will be more than happy welcoming you once again to extend our hospitality