“No customer service.”

Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Never really had a chance to get to try anything. The place was busy, but no overly so. Came in and sat down. Waited. Waited. Table had a few dirty glasses. One of the staff acknowledged us as he ran out the front door. The other two staff were at the bar. Looks like they were flirting and having a great time. 10 minutes later, the other waiter comes back through the front door with a box of supplies and disappeared into the back. No one ever acknowledged that we were there. Never saw any customer helped by the staff. Very poor. Won’t go back.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Write a ReviewReviews (1,139)

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Lovely little pub, we didn’t eat here but the menu looked good, we did participate in a few drinks and the staff were welcoming and friendly. We actually went back again on our second day in he city.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Staff very accommodating...food was very tasty comfort type food...really enjoyed atmosphere and people...kids loved it!! Large portions

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Lovely friendly pub.staff were so welcoming and the live music was great.deep fried Mars bar was so good.

Reviewed April 2, 2018

This was my first experience of a traditional pub in Scotland. It's in a really great location on the Royal Mile so was easy to get to and find. Admittedly I chose it as the hostel I stayed at you could get a discount here however as soon as I saw the menu I knew I wanted to eat here. I chose the haggis, neeps and tatties as I really wanted to try this dish. As soon as the food came out I knew it would be good. It was presented lovely and there was so much mash potato! The haggis was wonderful and so was the gravy. Wished there was more gravy! I chose to have the fried mars bar and ice cream for pudding. Best choice. It was well presented and plenty of food. Before my discount the food was reasonably priced and you got a lot for your money. The staff were friendly and welcoming (I was on my own). Would visit again.