“Delightful little flat”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of New Town Apartment

Edinburgh's New Town Comfortable living room with bedsofa
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Edinburgh's New Town
Comfortable living room with bedsofa
Private garden with seating area
Livingroom with free wifi
Fully equipped kitchen
Cosy apartment
Bedroom
Outdoor seating area
New Town main door apartment
Shower room
Access from the street via stairs
Hallway
New town garden flat
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

43JoannaV
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Delightful little flat”
Reviewed May 10, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Excellent location for our needs. It was lovely to arrive and find that basic provisions had been provided. The flat is cosy, warm and comfortable. Much more homely than an impersonal hotel room. We were very pleased with our stay there.

Fulhamfor...
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Good value and well located”
Reviewed March 22, 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

I stayed as a solo traveller 17-20 March (3 nights). The pre-arrival arrangements were very good, the owner was in touch at all the right times and provided the essential information. Bread, butter, chocolates and milk were thoughtfully provided on arrival. The apartment is in the basement of a house and is well laid out. There s a welcoming lobby and corridor leading to the rooms. The bedroom is excellent, with a large and exceptionally comfortable double bed. Plenty of wardrobe space and storage. The lounge is well appointed with a comfortable sofa. The kitchen is small but again well appointed. Perhaps the best way to describe the bathroom is "compact": it has a very small sink and I suspect if you were about 6'4" the shower would not be high enough. But for a single traveller the apartment space was fine. There is also a nice looking garden space which could be used in good weather.

If I am allowed a couple of gripes: the TV is small; the gas fire was difficult to light (note there is also central heating which comes on at set times mornings and evenings); and, although I am very familiar with ovens, I could not get the oven to work (not a problem: I cooked on the hob).

The apartment is surprisingly quiet. The bedroom window looks up on to the street but there is little traffic passing at night and I was only conscious of a few pedestrians on one night. very occasionally I was conscious of people in the flat above (light footfall only, no other noise).

The location is pretty good too. It is, I guess, about 15-20 minutes walk from the main city attractions. You can also find a taxi rank outside RBS in Dundas Street just round the corner and there are buses as well. The Botanic Gardens are about 10 minutes walk and are well worth a visit. If you want a good characterful local pub, try Smithies Ale House in Eyre Place.

i brought my car. Parking is £2.20 an hour Mon-Fri 830am to 530pm. Free parking at weekends.

As and when I visit Edinburgh again I would certainly consider booking 23B Cumberland Strreet.

Liked best: Bedroom
Liked least: small TV
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
kitteecat...
Hull
“Perfect Apartment in Edinburgh”
Reviewed February 25, 2016 for a stay in June 2015

My partner and I stayed here for a few days in June 2015. It is situated about a 10 minute walk from the town centre and a perfectly quiet, well equipped, comfortable and homely apartment.

The host was lovely, even though I didn't get the chance to meet her we had regular correspondence and she could not have been more helpful.
having the garden area out the back of the flat was a definite bonus.

I would gladly recommend this holiday let to anyone visiting Edinburgh, but please remember that there are stairs and a bit of an uphill walk in to town, so probably not best choice for the infirm.

Cath M
Penarth, Wales, United Kingdom
“wow what a find; brilliant”
Reviewed October 4, 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

this was the best place I could have possibly wished for.my wife and I came up to edinburgh for two nights for a birthday surprise for my wife.the apartment was fab just what I was looking for and my wife loved it too.it had everything you could think of, very clean and well presented and the outside space was fabulous. sadly we did not get to meet Sylvie the owner but have to say how great she was. nothing was too much trouble and she even put a bottle of prosecco in the fridge for us to celebrate my wifes birthday.thanks again Sylvie and would deffinately book this apartment again if coming to Edinburgh.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the charming warm feel to the apartment and the outside space
Liked least: i could not find fault
Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
elaine W
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
“First Class Apartment with everything you need in Heart of Edinburgh”
Reviewed September 6, 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

I wanted a weekend in Edinburgh with my friend but didnt want the restrictions of a Hotel. This flat took me 10 mins to walk from Waverley but the area is covered in antique shops, bakery, galleries, pubs etc.

The flat is fantastic with a comfy bed, everything you need and more! It is cosy but perfectly formed in every way. It was ideal for my girls weekend away and Sylvie the owner is on hand to help in any way if your new to the area.

I cannot recommend it enough.

Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway
Management Response
7 Sep 2015
Hi Elaine, thank you so much for the lovely review, it was great to know you had a good stay , you and your friend would certainly be most welcome return guests, kind regards Sylvie
Claraloon...
Alloa, United Kingdom
“Lovely Romantic Weekend”
Reviewed May 10, 2015 for a stay in February 2015
people found this review helpful

Excellent wee apartment within walking distance of the city centre. We were in Edinburgh for the six nations, Italy-Scotland. The apartment was clean and cosy and perfect for a weekend stay in the city. The owner communicated well and even had the fire and lights on for us arriving on a cold, dark February night. The location is quiet despite being so central. However, we did hear some noise from passing people around 3 am on the Saturday.
Overall, an excellent place to stay. George Street is nearby (up hill) with many pubs and restaurants.

Liked best: the location
Older travelers
George S
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Great Place to stay ...”
Reviewed March 11, 2015 for a stay in March 2015
people found this review helpful

My wife and I have just returned from an excellent long weekend break staying in New Town Apartment, Edinburgh.

We've stayed in Edinburgh on many occasions usually staying in the big hotels. We decided this time to try an Apartment stay to give us the flexibility to come and go as we please, and comfort and relaxation if we decided to "stay at home" when weather wasn't so good. I can honestly say it was the best decision we've made.

New Town Apartment is a reasonable sized, one bed lower ground Apartment located a few hundred meters down the hill from Princes Street in a quiet area off Dundas Street.

We drove from Newcastle on a Friday morning for our stay as its only a couple of hours away, and were a little concerned about parking, but once we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised to find that parking restrictions are lifted from 5:30 on Friday to 08:30 on Monday all over Edinburgh. We managed to park across the road from our apartment when we arrived and had no parking issues at all during our stay.

The apartment is very well equipped and maintained and has what appears to be a new central heating system recently installed which was most welcome on some of the colder, windier days in Scotland. (It was even left on with the gas fire burning when we arrived... lovely and toasty ).

The hill back up to Prince St and the main center is fairly steep, so walking up is a bit if a chore, and could be a problem if you have difficulties walking, but taxis are plentiful and public transport is good if you need it...

There are some small shops near the Apartment to get the essentials, with cafe's and restaurants a short walk up Dundas Street if you don't want to go to far.

Other reviewers have mentioned the small bathroom, which is small, but well appointed and perfectly usable, even the "small" shower cubicle. (I'm nearly 6ft and had no problems at all !!)

We missed the owner Sylvie when we arrived on Friday as she was working, but gained access and keys without issue. Communications were excellent using emails, phone and text messages, but I'm sure she would have been on the spot if we had any issues.(which we didn't)..

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will definitely return in the future, it's changed our view of hotel stays in Edinburgh for good now... Apartments all the way and New Town Apartment in particular.

Thanks for a great stay Sylvie.

Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing