“***Stag Weekend Extravaganza***”
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
15 bedrooms are available for upto 40 guests
The huge dining table for large guest numbers.
A short walk away and you will find a water fall and 100's of acres of woods to explore!
The Bridal suite
The piano is for guests to play - if you can!
Beautiful winter holiday home, at the Edinburgh self catering house
relax at the Edinburgh self catering house
Almost all the rooms have ensuite facilities.
The meadow for the games
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Adam G
London, United Kingdom
“***Stag Weekend Extravaganza***”
Reviewed August 27, 2013 for a stay in August 2013
people found this review helpful

Bank Holiday Weekend - August 2013.
- I organised my brothers stag for 26 of our pals and we stayed at Kirkhill just last weekend. I can only say it was absolutely fantastic!

It was Festival weekend and the house was absolutely perfect for what we were looking for. A self catering manor house with games room, large lounge / chill out area and grounds overlooking the beautiful Scottish countryside. I found the house through Adventure connections (Justin) and whilst it does need a makeover it's still a fantastic base/property. We had a huge food and drink order and the guys at Kirkhill filled the fridges before we arrived, coaches were organised to take us into town (35 mins) and on the Saturday we did clay pigeon and highland games followed up by an amazing BBQ in the grounds of Kirkhill (beer can chicken and angus beef burgers).

We visited the local pub on the Sunday (SunInn) and then back into Edinburgh on the Sunday before flying back to London. Dave and the guys at Kirkhill were great and accommodated our every wish. I have been on close to 20 stags in recent years and I may be biased but it was well up there! An epic weekend and for a large stag I cant recommend it highly enough.

Visit was for: Leisure
Travelling group: Friends
James I
Newbury, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic base to enjoy Scotland”
Reviewed August 21, 2013 for a stay in September 2012
person found this review helpful

Myself and my partner stayed here a few years ago and had one of the best holidays we have had. It was reasonably priced and the food was fantastic. The staff were very very friendly and always happy to help. The room was huge and very luxurious and the grounds were beautiful and full of wildlife. A little slice of Scottish heaven.

Visit was for: Leisure
Travelling group: Couples
Jamesdjaw...
“A weekend that will be fondly remembered.”
Reviewed June 25, 2013 for a stay in May 2013

I stayed here with my husband back in May and we had a very good time. I can't really fault the hotel at all.

The room we had was upstairs, the staircase is very grand and makes a great impression as you arrive. Once we had checked in with a nice man called Dave, we were taken up to our room on the right at the top of the stairs. The view was outstanding. Green fields and trees as far a you could see. In fact, the next day, when the weather was better, you could see the hills right in the distance, I really was nice.

The only thing that I would mention is that unless up have your own car it might be quite a long way to get into the city centre. Although I am sure that the staff could arrange a taxi for you. We ate in town during our stay so cannot comment on any food served, but we were always met with a welcoming smile and I am sure if we had of eaten there it would have been fine.

Apart from that, nothing else to say really, we had a lovely weekend and would go back if we wanted a quiet weekend away.

Location Cleanliness
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing