“Amazing Apartment”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Apartment block with the castle in the background
View of the castle from the apartment block
Festival fireworks on your doorstep!
Floorplan
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Samuel I
“Amazing Apartment”
Reviewed November 30, 2014 for a stay in November 2014

My girlfriend and myself stayed in this apartment for four nights in November. The location is perfect, quiet and seconds away from some great restaurants and bars around Grassmarkets and Bow St.

The apartment is tucked away on a quiet street, and is in a gated building so you feel completely safe. It is professionally decorated (I believe Alexis is an interior designer) and has wifi access and a lovely kitchen, which came in handy one evening after our bank balances took a beating from all the good food and beer available nearby.

There is a short walk in to town, which passes the tourist attractions like the castle, the royal mile and the art galleries, as well as a lot of nice independent cafes, bars, vintage shops and bakeries. The walk is lovely and you get to take in all the fantastic Edinburgh architecture.

Alexis was extremely accommodating and helpful. The apartment was much better than any of the hotels we looked at, especially considering how reasonably it was priced. I would recommend the apartment to anyone looking to stay in Edinburgh, and we will definitely stay there, or in one of Alexis' other properties, when we visit again in the future.

Liked best: Location, Decor
Your age range 18-24
Recommended for:
Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
2 Dec 2014
Thank you so much ladies! I'm delighted you had fun even if your bank account took a bit of a hit! It would be lovely to see you both again in the future.
Joe W
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Superb!”
Reviewed November 25, 2014 for a stay in November 2014

Loved the apartment has everything you need and very nicely decorated! It was easy to get to from train station and nicely placed near the grassmarket. Alexis met us at the apartment was very helpful and answered questions we had. All in all had a very good weekend in edinburgh couldn't advise you more to book here if you thinking of visiting edinburgh you won't be disappointed!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
26 Nov 2014
Thanks so much guys. So pleased you had fun!
Peterunne...
Penarth, United Kingdom
“Great flat, great location”
Reviewed November 2, 2014 for a stay in October 2014

Described as BIJOU and it is, very Bijou. That said it has absolutely everything you need for a great visit to Edinburgh.A genuinely friendly welcome from the owner who provided bread, tea, coffee, milk etc. when meeting us on arrival. This apartment is all about location, you can walk to absolutely everywhere of interest with no problems and you are just yards from many pubs and restaurants. Places like this are why I choose not to stay in hotels unless I have to. Must also mention the fab cocktail bar right opposite , what more could you want?

5 Nov 2014
Thanks so much for the great review and a wee plug for the Dragonfly Cocktail Bar, one of my favorite spots! Delighted you enjoyed your stay and it would be lovely to see you back again next time your visiting Edinburgh. Thanks again!
75Dee
Jasper National Park, Canada
“Stylish, fun, safe and beautifully located.”
Reviewed September 3, 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

I rented this apartment from Alexis for my last 3 days in Scotland. As a woman travelling solo, I wanted to make sure that I was in a safe location, but I also wanted to make sure that I was in the heart of Edinburgh. Check on both counts! But even better - the place is right in the Grassmarket, with a nice cocktail bar across the street (the Dragonfly, which I highly recommend) a great little coffee shop and a grocery store up the street. I was able to shop in the Grassmarket and drop my bags off so that I didn't have to pack them around all day. I was also able to go back and change when the weather turned, so it was nice not to have to pack and umbrella and raincoat around. In the evening, when I wanted to go for a drink, the pubs and bars are nearby and you don't have to worry about navigating your way home in the dark, or through scary neighbourhoods. Finally - I was looking for a place that had some soul, and Alexis delivered. I highly recommend this place and will book it again my next time in Edinburgh.

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
8 Sep 2014
What a lovely review! It was so fab to meet you and hear of your highland adventures! I'm glad our little flat was just what you wanted, come back anytime :-)
Lydia D
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent apartment in a great location.”
Reviewed August 18, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

We stayed for a week during the Edinburgh Festival and found everything within walking distance: Fringe venues, restaurants, pubs, supermarket, etc.
The flat itself is cosy, quiet and secure and made for an excellent stay!
Definitely highly recommended.

gd32
Canberra, Australia
“Perfect”
Reviewed August 12, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

The apartment has everything mentioned in the ad and the owner Alexis made me feel welcome on arrival. She was also easy to correspond with prior to my check in - gave easy instructions and answered any questions I had. The apartment is clean and modern, within walking distance to many attractions and just down the street from the Grassmarket area where there are lots of places to eat/drink are. As a solo traveller, I felt safe. Was a quiet area and had a great view of the castle. Would definitely stay here again when in Edinburgh

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Liz M
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Apartment, perfect location!”
Reviewed July 18, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

This beautifully furnished apartment not only offered style but with some lovely homely touches. It's location, was perfect, just steps from The Grassmarket, next to some lovely bars and restaurants.
Alexis, the owner, met us, and made us feel welcome straight away. She had left us a lovely welcome pack of food and drink plus an extra bottle of bubbly to celebrate our wedding!
Would definately recommend to anybody wanting to explore the wonderful city of Edinburgh!

Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing