Stayed from February 12 through the 15th. I was apprehensive in the begging reading the reviews ,especially the negative ones. I will focus on them heating,the days we stayed were very mild, the heating devise was not not the one to be expected epsecially for a place like Edinburgh, and that has to be addressed by any available means. The room was warm enough but as i said the days were very mild no rain no snow no strong winds temeperature around 9 degrees. Breakfast was all right we had no complaints , just because there were certain thing missing does not constitute a major default ,rather busy all days but the people working there did their best with a BIG SMILE in their face ready to help. Personnel ,here let me disagrre with everyone who thinks that the people were unpolite,. to the contrary very friendly,very helpfull,very proffecional, and their smile was a genuine one. Cleaning that leaves sometnig to be desired , we did find peaces of hair on the towels the very first day we checked in and even though our towels were changed everyday I am still wondering how their cleaning company managed for the towels to appear used, that will be a great mystery. Location very good, As i SAID AN HONEST HOTEL what you pay you get PLUS A BIG SMILE and good people. the pictures you see on the hotel sight it is what you will find no photoshop no tamperring or something else. Wifi available at your request immediatelly.I would stay again , and i do recomend the hotel for someone who ,is not on a limited budget, but for all who do use a hotel for a good nights rest, after a long day in the city. A good hotel all and all no major faults, shortcomings are overcomed by your good will and by the good people who work there. once again i do recomend the hotel
Across the street there is a pub ,dont recall the name, it is a-beam the hotel next to the church, do take time to visit it good drinks friendly people nice atmosphere. If ,and sometime all of us should visit the city,a beautifull place to visit a lot of historic places. A place that should visit and dine is the WITCERY, if i spell the name correct. An excellent choise of dinning do take the set menu of 3 dishes rather economic choise, since it is rather expensive, but i dont think they would comprise on their quality, regardless of your choise. Do shopping around before you byu something. AN overcoat my wife fancied ,was priced at 100 english pounds on a shop in the PRINCE MALL ,by the bridge were the hip on-off busses start their journey, was found for 70 pounds in the shops that are located on the pedestrians only road that leads to the castle. Same goes for your all other shopping. If you byu the hip on-off buss if you stay more that 3 days it is a good idea to byu the 48 hour trip that will allow you the use of all three different route busses.do get off at all stops you will be amazed about the city. all and all a great city to visit and a very good choise of hotel if you visit the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Internet Access and Free Hot Breakfast. Simply ask for an internet voucher at check in. The hotel offers continental breakfast buffet plus two daily hot options. Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh City Centre is a 5 minute walk to Princes Street & a 10 minute walk to the Royal Mile. Located near the St James Shopping Centre & Edinburgh Playhouse Theatre. The hotels offers free luggage storage and has designated smoking bedrooms. All bedrooms & public areas have high-speed wired & wireless internet access provided by Swisscom. All rates include complimentary EXPRESS START breakfast for all persons. The hotel is within walking distance of Waverley Railway Station and St Andrews Square Bus Station. The Airlink 100 Bus goes from Waverely Bridge to Edinburgh Airport in 25-minutes. Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh City Centre is located near Broughton Street, George Street & Queen Street. The hotel is across from the Omni Centre with a choice of restaurants & a Vue Cinema. This Edinburgh City Centre hotel is a perfect choice if you are looking for a base near Edinburgh Castle, The Real Mary Kings Close , Edinburgh Dungeons and Holyrood or for events at Murryfield Stadium, Corn Exchange, Hearts Football Club, Hibernian Football Club or Meadowbank Stadium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre Hotel Edinburgh
- Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre Scotland