Stayed at the Guest House for 2 nghts whilst visiting Edinburgh. The rooms are on the 3ed and 4th floor of the building which means lots of stairs, no lift. The Breakfast room is on the lower floor and my room was on the top floor. There are no public areas where you could sit andf my room was not equiped if you had to work. My room was clean and tidy with a well stocked tea tray a small but quiet adequate TV and an en suite shower room. The window was a skylight type Velux with a sliding blind. The Decor was clean and tidy and the bed Comfortable. There have been comments about the noise in the hotel as its next to the bus station and on a main city centre road. I personally didn't have that problem although others in the party did comment it was noisy.
The highlight of the stay was the breakfast which was excellent with a nice choice of options. The only down point was on the Sunday I was first in the dining room and last to get my breakfast waiting 40 minutes for 2 poached eggs on toast. They seem to serve tables nearest to the kitchen first so my tip is get nexct to the kitchen.
On arrival we were greeted by the owner how was very helpful telling us about the area where there were places to eat and attractions to see. Later arrivals were greeted by the manager who from reports wasn't as helpful, although that could have been because she wasn't a local and awasn't as aware.
Overall verdic despite my ratring of average, the hotel is clean, well positioned for the city centre and my room was comfortable but the stairs and and noise others in my party suffered took the edge off the stay and therefore I can only rate it as I have. Saying that if I wanted a value for money place to stay its not bad for a couple of nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No smoking, homely guest house on 3rd and 4th floor of a grade A listed building, very central location, clean and comfortable with a highly recommended breakfast to suite all appetites. Small pets welcome on agreement, very helpful staff. We aim to please. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Elder York Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elder York Guest House Hotel Edinburgh
- Elder York Guest House Edinburgh, Scotland