We had a lovely two night stay at Adria House in mid-April. We walked easily there from Waverly Train Station and to all of the Old Town sights. The hosts are gracious and friendly, and the rooms are nicely decorated and clean. We requested a room facing the street so that we could catch a glimpse of the Firth of Forth and a private bath rather than a en-suite room to save a few pounds. We regretted neither of those requests. Since we were on the first floor, it really was just a glimpse of water through the then leafless trees. Probably, a better view would have been had from the next floor up, but our stair climb was easy and the street traffic did not bother us at all. The private bath was large and close-by. It did not feel awkward at all using it, especially wearing the fluffy robes that were provided for us. I definitely would recommend this establishment!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The family-run Adria House offers charming, comfortable accommodation and good value for it's central location. It is within easy walking distance of the main bus and train stations and also near many of Edinburgh's principal cultural, historical and retail landmarks. Situated on Calton Hill within a UNESCO World Heritage Site and once a fashionable society house, the Adria House embodies much of the Georgian architecture and decorative elegance associated with the period found within Edinburgh's New Town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Adria House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adria House Hotel Edinburgh
- Adria House Edinburgh, Scotland