“Great Fresh Food”

Ranked #475 of 2,754 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
Description: With streets steeped in history and a thriving cultural scene, the city of edinburgh is home to all things traditional and contemporary. We offer asian food inspired by the flavours of japan
Reviewed April 4, 2018

To me Wagamama isn't like other 'fast food' chains in that the food always appears to be cooked fresh - which is great, and this restaurant in Edinburgh is no exception.

To me the downside is the seating arrangement which in turn leads to quite a noisy restaurant but this time it was ok.

The other minor downside is that as each item is freshly cooked it tends to arrive as ready - I assume there are multiple chefs specialising in different dishes which might explain why my starter arrived at the same time as the main but this didnt matter this time

Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

this restaurant serves the noodles beyond awesome. The sushi makes you feel japan and the miso soup is close to perfection.

Reviewed March 20, 2018

Went here tonight for my son’s 18th birthday dinner and I cannot praise them enough! 5 stars doesn’t do justice to the excellent service I received. Working in retail/ hospitality myself, I know exactly how demanding it is and I can so without a doubt that Wagamama staff Lothian Rd branch were exceptional from our entrance, being greeted by Filipe ( he was so friendly, helpful and super professional) through to when my mum had to ask for no seseme seeds on her food, since she’s allergic to them (which I found the manager who came over to speak with her was sooo professional and friendly) and Martina the young lady who served us didn’t make it seem like it was her job at all. She made us feel welcome, she was attentive and polite also professional.
I won’t make this too long but just had to give praise to the excellent service I received tonight.
Also a special thank you to Filipe for actually wishing my son a happy birthday and didn’t make it seem like a part of his job. Great service, delicious food and polite, professional and friendly staff. Can’t go wrong here.
We will definetely be back!

Reviewed March 14, 2018 via mobile

Wow.... what can I say, this was our 1st visit to Wagamama and we were blown away.... amazing food, really good service with amazing theatre from the chefs... we were genuinely blown away... see you next time we're in the city....

Reviewed March 14, 2018 via mobile

First visit here for lunch we asked to join other diners at a table even though the restaurant was very quiet. We refused and were reseated. Second visit 6pm on a Wednesday night. Again restaurant was quiet and was asked to join other diners. When I said I would rather sit somewhere else I was escorted to the opposite site of the restaurant and asked to sit by the wall. Wagamama your customers come for delicious food not bad attitude from your door staff. Thankfully all other staff were brilliant.