We stayed here in early August and the rooms were very pleased with our stay. The rooms are spacious and very clean. The BnB offers a guest book in each room with tips about the local area which we found very helpful, and the staff were friendly and courteous. Albyn is a 20-30 minute walking distance from the Grassmarket and Royal Mile but after a day of walking around Edinburgh we usually got a cab (if one was available) back to the BnB.
The breakfast options are great, offering choices from the standard "Scottish breakfast" to pancakes, and vegan options.
My only complaint is about the ancient mattress we seemed to have in the room. It wasn't exactly the most comfortable as age had made the mattress feel as though myself or wife might slide off our respective sides of the bed if we weren't careful!
Other than this minor complaint about the bed, I strongly recommend Albyn. If I had the option to give 4.5 stars (instead of 4) I would.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lovely Victorian townhouse 20 min walk to Old Town & all attractions. All en-suite quiet rooms, freeview TVs, Wifi, Visit Scotland Taste Our Best Award winning breakfasts also for veggies and vegans, lots of homemade goodies! Private parking £5.00 Per night. On parle Francais! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity.ca and TripOnline SA so you can book your Albyn Townhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albyn Townhouse Hotel Edinburgh
- Albyn Townhouse Edinburgh, Scotland