“Convenient location, good food”

The Verandah Restaurant
Ranked #1,339 of 2,624 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$14 - US$42
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Verandah has won the "BEST in SCOTLAND" by Pat Chapman's Cobra Good Curry Guide 2013.The Verandah offers the finest, authentic Bangladeshi & Indian cuisine in a stylish, comfortable setting, with high quality service and value for money that is second to none. Visited by Sir Cliff Richard, Clint Eastwood and many others.
Reviewed 10 September 2017

A well located Restaurant close to Haymarket train station. The Menu choice in The Verandah (via the somewhat worn menu cards) was good with a great choice of starters and mains. Staff were very friendly and efficient. As a group of four of us visiting, we were all on a range of different menu selections and all dishes were served simultaneously, hot and well presented. The only criticism would be that of the poppadoms that were served - we suspect they had been made somewhat earlier that day and were less than fresh. Other than that, this is a restaurant well worth a visit if you are in the area

1  Thank megapenny

Reviewed 31 August 2017

The meal was good but there were no desserts as they had ran out the night before?There was no toilet paper in the toilets so the waitress went to the nearest shop to buy some,thought all this was quite funny but you could find yourself in a dodgy situation if you don't notice beforehand.........especially in an Indian curry house

1  Thank Craig S
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Searching for a restaurant to eat, the name Verandah attracted me, I got to the restaurant just before closing time, the staff was happy to serve us, if they didn't it would have been fast food for us, and I'm not very fond of fast food, but yes thank you guys and if I'm in the area will see you again.

1  Thank Ahad S
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Arrived on a rainy Sunday afternoon and were promptly greeted by a well-dressed and obviously enthusiastic young man who was happy to allow us to choose our own table for two.

The table we chose was a window seat to the right of the front door which could fit 4 people, but the restaurant had a quiet - yet vibrant buzz - about it.

We were seated immediately and welcomed with genuine hospitality. Drinks orders were taken and brought to the table in good time. My only criticism at this point is that my partner asked for a glass of Coca Cola which was served in a short glass with ice, and I ordered a bottle of Cobra (330ml) and was served with the larger bottle of 660ml. I didn't have to order another drink; that was enough to see me through my dinner, but my partner had to order another drink. In this instance, I feel that I was up-sold and my partner was under-sold so that we may order more drinks. This is not necessarily the case, it's just how I feel about the matter.

Lamb puri for starter was lovely.
Chicken tikka masala that my partner ordered for the main course looked and tasted great.

North Indian garlic chicken (moderately hot) was absolutely perfect; naan bread was served lovely and warm and white rice that we asked for was on the table within minutes

There was a table of at least 12 people in, who were very evidently on first-name terms with the owner. Despite the occasional exuberance from the other diners, the host - who introduced himself as the owner (and the lovely, charismatic and polite sons) as a local political candidate.

In keeping with impartiality, I won't say which party. However, after concluding the speeches and formalities of political life, the owner took the time to come to our table, introduce himself, ask how the food was and present himself as a warm and convivial host.

I couldn't finish my meal - delicious as it was, I was just too full - and our waiter gladly bagged it up for me to eat later.

Service was outstanding; not just average; it was outstanding.

Food was fresh from the chicken to the naan.

Thank you, guys!

2  Thank Barry M
Reviewed 27 May 2017

I had a lovely meal here, very reasonable prices and swift, efficient service, very good quality. Good sized portions.