“Good food”

Ranked #1,079 of 2,591 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$13 - US$40
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Verandah has won the "BEST in SCOTLAND" by Pat Chapman's Cobra Good Curry Guide 2013.The Verandah offers the finest, authentic Bangladeshi & Indian cuisine in a stylish, comfortable setting, with high quality service and value for money that is second to none. Visited by Sir Cliff Richard, Clint Eastwood and many others.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I visited with some friends. Overall the food was good and the meat was good quality. I was slightly concerned when entering the restaurant that it was empty. Being the only customers meant there wasn't much of an atmosphere. The staff were helpful and the waitress gave some menu advice.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

We were fortunate to find the Verandah Restaurant literally steps from our AirBnB apartment in Edinburgh. And even more lucky to find the kitchen accommodates gluten-free patrons!

The server was knowledgeable and helpful with explaining ingredients. The food is prepared from scratch but arrived in a reasonable amount of time. The amount of spice and the flavours were amazing and we were all very pleased with our meals.

So happy to have the Verandah Restaurant for our family dinner!

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Had a weekend in edinburgh and was staying out of city centre !our taxi driver recommended this Indian and it didn't disappoint !
Small place , doesn't look much but the food and service was lovely, freshly cooked and very nice ( and spicy)
The staff were very attentive and friendly and the waiter even helped us by googling our direction back to apartment !would definitely recommend this wee gem ! Lovely

Reviewed 30 September 2017

Went last Wednesday evening at 5.30pm. Was a bit concerned when we got in and realised we were the only customers however we had a voucher so had to give it a try, otherwise we would have probably left. Sat down and looked at the menu, when the waiter came over 10 minutes later to take our order I explained we had a Groupon voucher. After looking at the voucher (£40 worth of food for £20) he said sorry you can't use that, there has to be 4 people in your party. I asked him where it said that and he said it was in the fine print. I pointed to the voucher and asked him to show me where and he couldn't because it doesn't actually say that at all. Again he said sorry he couldn't accept it as there was a minimum requirement to order 4 main courses and again I said it doesn't say that anywhere on the voucher. I explained we live 40 miles away (were in Edinburgh for a show) and that we wouldn't be back here.

He explained that apparently Groupon get to keep all the money they collect from people who purchase the voucher and the restaurant only gets to keep the money made from drinks, hence why they would only accept the voucher if there were 4 people in the party.

I was extra annoyed by this since we had actually booked online the week earlier and clearly stated that it was a party of 2 and that we had this £40 voucher so it shouldn't have been a surprise to them.

Needless to say we left as I wasn't willing to pay for the meal having already shelled out for the voucher.

I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

2  Thank pancakesssss
Reviewed 10 September 2017

A well located Restaurant close to Haymarket train station. The Menu choice in The Verandah (via the somewhat worn menu cards) was good with a great choice of starters and mains. Staff were very friendly and efficient. As a group of four of us visiting, we were all on a range of different menu selections and all dishes were served simultaneously, hot and well presented. The only criticism would be that of the poppadoms that were served - we suspect they had been made somewhat earlier that day and were less than fresh. Other than that, this is a restaurant well worth a visit if you are in the area