“Worst Indian restaurant in Edinburgh”
Review of Prince Balti House - CLOSED

Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I cannot recommend this restaurant. The waiter was surly, we never ever received our drinks, the food cold and tasteless (the lamb tasted like old beef and the Alloo gobi was off). To cap it off the prices were high. Do not eat here!!

4  Thank OuteniquaTrout

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Worse curry I've experienced in a long time. No flavor and looked like soup. I ordered chicken chat to start with which was more like tomato pulp, definitely not meant to be this way. Chicken jaipuri was next and there no flavor no spice. The only food I enjoyed was the poppadums and the cobra beer. They offer 2 for 1 on food mon to thur. But I would stay well clear and get a decent curry somewhere else.

3  Thank Kenzomc
Reviewed October 24, 2012

This was not only the worst Indian food I have ever had the misfortune of eating, it was probably the worst food I have ever eaten in my life. To begin, the stated delivery time at the time I placed my order was 45 minutes. It was a full TWO HOURS before the food arrived at my flat. Keep in mind that they charge you three pounds for delivery!

We ordered chicken korma, garlic naan, and a mixed vegetable dish. What we received was definitely not chicken korma. I actually don't know what it was, it tasted of sugar and coconut and nothing else. You should not have to add curry powder and chillis to your food once it reaches the table! The naan was covered in some type of neon orange powder which bore no resemblance to any foodstuffs with which I am familiar, and certainly not garlic. The vegetables were floating in at least 1/4 cup of neon orange oil, possibly related to the neon orange secret naan seasoning.

I cannot understand how this restaurant has hundreds of good reviews. I am completely baffled. Do yourself a favour and do NOT order from Prince Balti House!

3  Thank Sonja_Blu85
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Never had a bad meal here - but if you have a Drambuie, tell them not to serve it with ice!

It's a real-shame that most diners get their meals for 'carry-out' because the place is really not to shabby.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

We ordered a take away from the prince. By the time it arrived, not only was it cold, it wasn't what I would call fine cuisine, in fact quite the opposite, the Jhalfrezi was like no other I had ever tasted, the garlic naan was cold & burnt with no garlic near it & the lemon & cashew rice did not have one cashew in it. There was hardly any chicken in the Korma, the sauce just tasted of coconut & the lamb in the jhalfrezi was hard, and the sauce un-tasty, without the bite you would expect from such a dish. We won't be using them again.

3  Thank Donnie C