“Never gets any better”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 18 February 2013

We've been to this restaurant many times but after our last experience vowed not to go back. At it's best it was cheap but not cheerful. The food was okay but never piping hot. The naan breads were pretty good (huge and tasty) but that was about the only above average thing I can say.

We had gone many times before paying full prices, and a couple of times using groupon or similar vouchers. Funnily enough, with the vouchers, the portion and drinks sizes were considerably smaller!

The service has a Fawlty Towers feel to it. The waiting staff are slow at best, and I'm not just talking speed wise. One time, when I phoned to book using a voucher, the person on the phone tried to tell me the closing date on the offer had past (it hadn't). Then when I tried to order a starter, he told me it wasn't allowed (no mention of this in the terms and conditions either!).
Another time I was told I couldn't use the voucher as it was a Friday, but the voucher only stated it wasn't valid on Saturdays.

On 2 different visits, we ordered coffee and both times the cream was off.

The decor is 1970s and it's not a warm place to sit. Could do with a complete revamp.

We've now found a decent Curry House less than a mile down the road and will be going there from now on.

3  Thank Oilcan_13

Reviewed 29 January 2013

By far the worst food i have ever tasted in my life, why a resturant serves frozen chicked is beyond me, i wouldnt let a begger on the street eat here.
I had a chicken dish and asked them to change the sauce slightly which they did do but it was like the same consistency as urine and to top it all off they charged me another £6 for the sauce!!
do yourself a favour lets all not eat here and close this excuse of a place down!!

Alan

3  Thank Alan G
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Although not in a good situation I have always thought this was an excellent resteraunt and very good value for money only had one take away meal which was very good and arrived on time so i was happy with it and would recommend to others ,I have eaten in far worse .

Reviewed 8 December 2012

I cannot recommend this restaurant. The waiter was surly, we never ever received our drinks, the food cold and tasteless (the lamb tasted like old beef and the Alloo gobi was off). To cap it off the prices were high. Do not eat here!!

4  Thank OuteniquaTrout
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Worse curry I've experienced in a long time. No flavor and looked like soup. I ordered chicken chat to start with which was more like tomato pulp, definitely not meant to be this way. Chicken jaipuri was next and there no flavor no spice. The only food I enjoyed was the poppadums and the cobra beer. They offer 2 for 1 on food mon to thur. But I would stay well clear and get a decent curry somewhere else.

3  Thank Kenzomc