All reviews high tea cakes toast chicken maryland anne marie breaded haddock single room main meal excellent food macaroni would highly recommend this hotel visited this hotel spacious room bit dated cooked breakfast family wedding tea coffee
Reviewed October 16, 2018 via mobile

The hotel was under renovation, quite dated room. Disappointing evening meal. The steak and the sauce was excellent, cooked exactly as I requested, but the accompanying chips, mushrooms and onion rings were cold. Paying over £40 for the meal and wine for one person, I would have expected a hot meal. The restaurant was quite busy, but after a few attempts to attract someone's attention, I gave up and ate the steak and sauce. On collecting my plate, and asked how the meal was, the answer I gave seemed to fall on deaf ears. This was my first visit back to Fife in 42 years. If and when I return, this facility will not be on my accommodation criteria.

Reviewed October 4, 2018

Booked in for High Tea. Service was prompt and efficient. Good menu with ‘half plates’ if preferred. Tea or coffee and toast with a selection of scones and cakes after the main meal. Good value for money.

Room tip: Didn’t stay overnight only for meal.
Trip type: Travelled with friends
VictoriaHotel28, General Manager at Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Ade308,

Thank you so much for this lovely review!

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kind Regards,

Hotel Management

Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

Refurbishment of rooms in progress and the new room decor and design is much improved. HOWEVER, if you don't deal with the basics, the noisy fan from the kitchen, the smell of whatever is being cooked and paper thin walls which means you can hear someone speaking next door......
Papering over the cracks to sum it up..

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2018 via mobile

Room has been refurbished and was pleasant enough decor with a comfortable bed however room was tiny, no air con, exceptionally warm as it's above the kitchen. Very noisy thanks to all the extract fans being right outside the window (which also meant that even if you open the window to get some fresh air in you jsut get all the kitchen smells, heat and loud clattering noise). Needs acoustic shielding or air conditioning minimum.
Restaurant . . . I better not start... too late. Worst. Food. Ever. No self respecting chef would ever serve such awful food and no self respecting hotel owner would dare charge a customer for it either. The vegetable bake was frozen brocolli raw mushrooms and half a can of tomatoes chucked on top. I wish i was joking but that was it. No flavour, no seasoning, not cooked properly, no presentation, no pride whatsoever. Staff were shocked when i complained . . . If that's the standard they should be used to customers complaining. No wonder the restaurant was empty.
Hotel worth staying in at a cheaper rate than what they're asking for If you don't get a room at the back of the hotel, however avoid the restaurant and go elsewhere. Like Pizza Hut. Or McDonald's. Both do superior food.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Coach B
Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

It has been a few years since visiting this hotel but we were invited for lunch with our friend. The hotel has been taken over by a Dunfermline family and I understand they own several hotels and night clubs.
It was very busy with lunches and had several large parties booked in but they managed to accommodate us OK

The service and food was outstanding.
I had leek and potato soup for starters followed by Haddock Mornay and finally coffee. My friends both had breaded haddock.
The sweet menu looked fantastic but unfortunately no room left for this treat.

The meals were superb and very reasonably priced.
The two waitress looking after us couldn’t be more helpful in particular Susan for her pleasant friendly manner and nothing was too much trouble.

Highly recommend and will be back. If I stayed closer it would be every week lol

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
VictoriaHotel28, General Manager at Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Paterson5,

Thank you so much for this lovely review.
We are thrilled you enjoyed each and every aspect of your visit and would return each week if you could! That really is a great compliment.
I have passed all of your comments on to our team and in particular Susan and we all hope to see you again soon.

Thanks again.