1,856 results
All reviews road hole restaurant jigger inn sands grill fourth floor eden room the rooftop hot tub fairway suite thermal suite on arrival deep bath glass of prosecco hams hame first class afternoon tea upgraded to a suite moment you arrive pro shop
Reviewed October 6, 2018

We were traveling with two other couples, and wanted to find a bar with a view of the Old Course and a casual restaurant, and we found both at this hotel. It was a short walk from our hotel and fun to watch golfers playing as we enjoyed our cocktails. Afterwards, we decided to eat dinner in the casual restaurant downstairs, and the food was good--exactly what we were looking for.

Stayed: September 2018
2  Thank NHNMIATA
Reviewed October 3, 2018

No matter how many times I return I find the Old Course Hotel exceeds my expectations. Its location of course is magical with views of the golf links , the beach and of course St Andrews itself which is only a five minute walk away. Rooms have recently been refurbished to a high standard and well equipped. All public areas are luxuriously appointed too. Food is good especially from the 4th floor Road Hole Grill with spectacular views on 3 sides. A lot of money has been spent extending the Kohler Spa now state of the art. However for me my overriding memory of visits is
the hotel's staff . Very well trained , knowledgeable and so helpful. Nothing is too much bother for them. No wonder my wife and I keep coming back .

Room Tip: upgrade to an old course facing room
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

Wonderful location. My room was upgraded to a view over 18th fairway. Good standard of room but barely 5 star. Service was good & friendly. Leisure pool was high standard. Breakfast range was reasonable but hot food was buffet & most of it was tepid/dried out. Not quite 4 star never mind 5. At over £400 for 1 nights B & B - way overpriced.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank SaltireChimp
Reviewed October 2, 2018

This hotel is without doubt the best hotel I have had the honour to stay. It is truly amazing throughout. Even the check in experience, which can sometimes be stressful, is so professional it is seamless and enjoyable and a glass of presecco is offered to all during this transaction. The room we had was beyond our expectations with views, comfort and space. The food is always fantastic and the breakfast second to none. The pool is a 20m lane pool and found it very quiet during our stay which was good for us. We also had a visit to the Kohler spa which was a truly amazing and invigorating experience. Absolutely loved it. The whole place is fantastic highly, highly recommend it.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Charles B
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

Had a great anniversary weekend at the Old Course. The staff are attentive and helpful and our room was well equipped and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious and there is a fantastic view from the Road Hole restaurant. The gym has been upgraded and is worth a visit. The spa is also good but hours are limited for hotel guests. Definitely will go back!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple