“Perfect little cafe”

Ranked #34 of 149 Restaurants in St Andrews
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We loved this little cafe. We chose to stay in and eat upstairs, and we had a lovely time. We got the sultana scone, the plain scone, and the Prince of Cambridge scone (white chocolate, raspberry and blueberry), and pots of tea. It was really nice, clean, and the staff were very attentive. The scones were absolutely delicious and the atmosphere was lovely. Would definitely return.

1  Thank Sarah P

Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

This coffee shop/deli looks fabulous from the outside but be warned, the upstairs seating area is completely different and to be honest, is not very clean. It would benefit GREATLY from a good clean and a refresher paint job - it's grubby.

After ordering a blueberry and white chocolate scone, and my husband a coronation Chicken panini, I was told 20 minutes later that there were no more of this type of scone left. I decided not to order another. My cappuccino arrived which was okay but not the best. Husband's strawberry milkshake was mostly milk with a strawberry colouring - not very appetising and the panini - well - that took 40 minutes to arrive but we had to ask where it was and when we could expect it to be delivered! Staff friendly enough but need to get their rubber gloves on and give the place a clean.

1  Thank Hugoboss5
Reviewed 26 February 2014

This place is my favourite for breakfast! They make amazing filled roles and they're gluten free snacks are to die for. Highly recommend this small, yet charming place.

1  Thank nassark
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We had noticed the lovely cakes etc. in the window when passing and thought it looked like a really cute place. We then went in for lunch and the seating is upstairs. I know the whole idea is "back in time" but it is really grubby. I thought the salt/pepper/sugar holders were all dirty and the tables needed a real clean. However we stayed and I had a soup. It was very nice but the cappucino was just a big cup of warm milk, hardly any coffee at all. It was extremely disappointing and the outside certainly does not alert you to what awaits you.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

We've been coming to St. Andrews for years - one of our favourite places to relax - and we decided to try Gorgeous as we saw it caters for Gluten Free diets. Seated upstairs, the atmosphere is calm with a retro feel. Soup was excellent and served in little stove pots. We came by on another visit to get soup to take out as we had the dog with us. Very friendly service.

1  Thank EdCar25