All reviews tea and coffee great western road fresh towels comfy bed check in was easy west end of glasgow city centre kettle wardrobe
Reviewed November 7, 2017

The initial impression one gets when outside this establishment is one of a hostel. On arrival I was rudely told that I shouldn't have shown up until 2pm, even though I mentioned I would need the room before 2pm because I had a wedding to attend. I was also told they didn't have my booking and that I would have to pay extra for arriving late. I informed them that I had booked and paid online, which was met with a huff.

The cleaner/receptionist then took 20mins to explain/complain to me that she was incharge of cleaning and getting the rooms ready as well as welcoming the guests and she couldn't do it all. She told me she wasn't able to even go through the booking for that morning due to time constraints and that I should bring this up with management.

On entering the room it was cold but clean. The bathroom smelt damp and was put together and maintained to a poor quality, however it was functional and worked. The toilet wasn't even flushed properly since the previous guests! Everything was fixed by using filler.

The surrounding area was good and there are some nice shops outside for breakfast.
I would recommend that you pay a little extra and stay somewhere a little more inviting.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

This hotel resembles that of a hotel in the developing world, more than one in the Centre of Glasgow. Upon arrival we had a cold wait in the cold before we gained access to the building, then the reception area smelt strongly of curry. The room itself was freezing upon entry and took many hours warm up. The bathroom was dirty and terribly decorated. They must have done it in the dark. We were able to get a reasonable nights sleep, but next time we would probably spend the £10 more for another hotel.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2017

This place is very close to the subway, it has great access to the city center (15 minutes tops even if you have to wait for the subway). Big plus for the tea and coffee making facilities. Beds are extra comfy, bathroom and room clean. It could use some newer furniture but for this value it is good. One drawback: if it has a 24 hour reception then I do not think it's necessary to charge an extra 10 gbp for checking in after 10 pm.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wizz Tours
Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

Where do I start... no parking, outside doesn't look inviting or anything like a hotel..

Looking on other reviews when at the hotel, decided we were best just staying in that room as looks like it was the best room out of the lot but was terrible.

We stayed in room 3,which as soon as we walked in,wanted to walk straight back out. There were holes in the window frame where wasps were coming through,damp stains on walls,peeled paint on ceilings and walls. Skirtings were filthy. The bathroom smelled of a mixture of urine and damp and the grout was black with some cracked tiles. Above the shower was more peeling paint. Squashed spider on one of the tiles.

The whole place needs a refurb.

The beds were rock hard but the bedding was immaculate and clean.

The windows opened too far and child could easily fall out.. (family room). And also one of the beds was pushed right up to the window just to the kids get more access to the window.

Curtains weren't wide enough and barely covered the window,letting too much light in early in the morning waking the kids up at 5am..

The key fitted our door and the main doorstairs door so presume that all keys fitted all..

The information provided stated wheelchair access and lift but there wasn't and had to lug all our baggage,two young children and a buggy upstairs.

There were damp patches in the hall way on the walls the way up to the room and the place stunk.

Hardly ever anyone on reception..

Would not return and would advise anyone against staying as states is three star. Wouldn't even give it a one star.

We paid over £200 for two nights,which i do not think is cheap and got worse than expected. We expected to get more for our money than a budget hotel but got worse so will now stick with premier inns as they are clean and have parking...

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank evaisobel
Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

No breakfast was provided. Excellent!

Just outside Glasgow centre so almost guaranteed a decent night's sleep. Clean accommodation with basic consumables provided (tea coffee, shampoo/body wash)

Couple of quarms - my Driving licence was scanned as "Id" certainly bizarre, no other b&b has done this, also the beds are incredibly hard.

Date of stay: July 2017