See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

Wouldn’t even give this hotel 1 star if a possible option. I made the mistake of not reading reviews before booking. Awful feeling as soon as you enter the building, as soon as my boyfriend and I entered our room we knew we could not stay for the 2 nights we had paid £70 for. Bedding was ripped and mattress definitely needed replaced. Smell of cigarette smoke in hotel even though no smoking sign on all doors. The floor was slanted upwards, therefor bed was at a slope too and made moving around extremely awkward. Old, outdated phone, not even on a bedside cabinet, just laid on the floor in the corner. Dirty looking marked towels in room.

Passed numerous ‘guests’ on the stairs who definitely seemed to be under the influence of some kind of substance. Huge disclaimer in lobby essentially saying items in rooms are not safe and management take no responsibility for any stolen goods, this made us feel unsure about leaving our luggage in the room whilst out for dinner.

After reading other reviews of people having hassle moving rooms and them all being of the same standard my boyfriend and I paid £65 and booked another hotel for our 2 nights in Glasgow. We checked out of the St Enoch hotel not even 4 hours after checking in. We did not complain nor ask for a refund after reading about other people’s bothers with this issue.

Hotel did not feel nor look clean and a genuinely unsettling place to be. Room was not at all like what was advertised on website.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
7  Thank kayleighjadee2018
Reviewed March 13, 2018 via mobile

Towels looked like Swiss cheese. Junkie with no teeth asking about police at 11pm at night. Mattresses where ok...didn't sleep under the covers mind you. Shower was alright, location is perfect! good for cheap one night stay. Feeling a light 2 on this one.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank A C
Reviewed February 11, 2018 via mobile

I don't understand how this can be deemed a "hotel". I wouldn't even call it a "hostel" as a hostel is somewhere in which you can actually sleep.
First "greeted" by a creepy guy at a disgustingly filthy desk who for some reason requested I.D.. then made pay up front and given our germ-fuelled key. We then made our way up the dust-filled smelly stairs to our "hotel room". The room was disgustingly filthy. I can't even describe the creepiness and how unsafe we felt.
spent a whole 5 minutes in the room (3 of which were spent booking new accommodation) and left. DO NOT STAY HERE. SAVE YOURSELVES.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
7  Thank Storyteller754791
Reviewed December 11, 2017

I went to a lot of hostel so I'm used to sleep with a bunch of people around me. There, we were six in a tiny room. The beds were squeaking when you sere moving your toe, and move like a boat. all the room was creepy and no space to even let your bag. The bathroom was the worst ! Humidity spot, toilet, shower and sink so dirty I didn't want to let my toilet bag or go inside. Don't go there !

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank LauBat16
Reviewed November 14, 2017 via mobile

So horrible i booked for 3 nights and only stayed for 1 then went to the hostel around the corner which is MuCh better!!
The reasons i left:
They didnt have my booking in the first place.
The room was sqishhy and had No room for any luggage
The room was dirty.
The shower was very dirty to which i didnt shower.
I turned the tap on and the shower was tripping water so barly worked.
Staff were of no assistance or at all helpful.
Didn't feel comfortable or safe

Date of stay: November 2017