“Service slow, food ok”

Price range: US$7 - US$21
Description: New Grill and Pizza Restaurant brought to you by Marstons
Description: New Grill and Pizza Restaurant brought to you by Marstons
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

Starter and drinks came out promptly. Starter was nice, had steak for main asked for it medium, I would say it came more on the rare side. Had finished meal 25 mins before had to call a member of staff over to take our dessert order. We had a cake away, jam roly poly and apple pie, got back to the hotel(5minute drive) and the custard was cold.

Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

The food was beautiful. The atmosphere is nice. Loads of parking. Nice amenities for kids. Beautiful decor and children area. Very Clean. Staff very helpful and nice.
Only complain I have is for management.
Get more staff on the floor. 2 girls only can't do more than they actuly doing. The service was slow, but that definitely wasn't for lack of work by two girls , racing around and trying to please everyone. The girls couldn't be more helpful and
Nicer , under the circumstances.
Great way to lose loads of costumers and good staff..

Reviewed March 28, 2018

Visited with friends on a Saturday evening at 7.30 p.m. My husband and I had been before with no problems but for my friends this was their first visit. I had read the poor reviews but thought we would give it a go anyway. Alarm bells started ringing for me when we arrived as the car park was nearly empty (having been packed on previous visits).

Shown to a table in a booth which was too cramped for four of us - requested another table. Got a nice table at the back in the window but was very cold and draughty - did not like to ask for another table.

On to the food - very, very disappointing - with the exception of my husband's steak, the food was lacking in quality, quantity and presentation (tikka masala, skewers and fish and chips). Desserts were just about passable but the accompanying portions of ice cream were very small.

Problems also with drinks service - had to request drinks to a couple of different members of staff before being served.

All in all it was an extremely disappointing night especially for myself as I was the one who had suggested the visit.

Marstons had better improve thing very quickly or they will have an empty restaurant every night.

2  Thank sinclairi636
Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

Thank you so much to Craig and the staff at the Jenny burn who went above and beyond yesterday to ensure Carnoustie Panmure youth 2003 got their food prior to going to Scotland game even tho our bus was running an hour late which meant we couldn't come to restaurant. Thank you so much for meeting them at the bus drop off with all their food and even tho it was in take away boxes it was all presented so great and boys really enjoyed their meal. Would defo recommend and will be returning for a meal again.

Thanks again from all at cpyfc 2003

1  Thank susan2103
Reviewed March 14, 2018

After reading reviews was in two minds as to go but we went on Tuesday night and was pleasantly surprised. The service was excellent , the food was fantastic value as we had steak.burgers and the scampi all very nice . The young girl was very attentive and made sure we had a nice dinner and as reading quite a few reviews we had no problems with our refills! The restaurant was busy and was a nice place to sit and have dinner ,all round can not fault and as a local will be sure to visit again .