Really looking forward to dinner at this 5 star facility especially as the owners are highly respected within the industry and for the quality of their facilities. But this mid may Monday evening experience was not the best. I did not expect loud pop music drowning conversation or Tattooed fellow diners in t shirts and jeans or waitresses who could not explain the menu. I did not expect the floor of the gents toilets located by the cocktail bar to be swimming in urine and waste water.(probably because the design of the stainless steel trough is set too high and spills the flush water). The pre dinner cocktails were good, the menu comprehensive but very expensive( all main courses £20 with additional charge for side orders. The all inclusive Market menu at £16.50 for two courses offered a cheaper alternative. The food was excellent.
Post 9'o'clock, the lighting was dimmed and classical jazz replaced pop music creating a much more pleasant atmosphere.
However, left with feeling that this facility caters for the corporate market and the flash-cash brigade. Long way to go to meet the standards set by hotel-du-vin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blythswood Square is more than a hotel and is an exciting addition to Glasgow's city centre. Not only does it have 100 stunning guest rooms but it also houses an amazing spa, restaurant, salon bar and private event areas, a true 5 star proposition. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Blythswood Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blythswood Square Hotel Glasgow
- Blythswood Square Glasgow, Scotland