4,515 results
All reviews champagne bar tempus restaurant train station champagne central gordon street taxi rank hope street junior suite lovely hotel street noise lovely room standard room an overnight stay haggis stayed for one night saturday night centre of glasgow
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Was here for the Debra Ladies lunch and have to say what a fantastic place to party in and stay over.The staff are so friendly and helpful full marks to them all.The room we had was very nice and very clean.This was my second year staying over and would highly recommend the Grand Central to anyone wishing to stay over in Glasgow.And the breakfast was great also plenty of choice for everyone.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Paul B, General Manager at Grand Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Kathryn M

Thank you for such a fantastic review of your recent stay and the Grand Central Hotel, and I'm extremely thrilled to read how much you enjoyed your stay and also the Debra Ladies Lunch.

I'll be sure to feed your complimentary comments back to our whole team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

From the first moment we entered the hotel the service was fantastic. We arrived very early and asked the front desk if we could leave our bag as wanted to go into the centre to shop the concierge was great no problem also asked if they had heard of the arches food place and although had not heard of it looked it up and told us where to find the location. We were given room 310 great room great bed great night's sleep. The breakfast next morning was great loads of choice all staff we met gave great service will be staying again in the future as enjoyed it that much.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Andrew W

It's terrific to read how impressed you were with your whole experience here at the Grand Central Hotel.

Thank you kindly for also taking the time to compliment our staff and the service they provided, i'll be sure to pass on your comments to the team.

I look foward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Easily the best hotel I’ve stayed at in Glasgow. Huge rooms and about a 1 minute walk from the platforms at Glasgow Central! Breakfast buffet was really nice. We only had one evening meal there and it was very pleasant too. Would not hesitate to recommend it

Stayed: August 2018

Dear c72ad

Thank you for taking the time to share such a complimentary review with the Tripadvisor community!

I hope to welcome you back to the Grand Central Hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

In Glasgow for a conference 13th and 14th. The Grand is a very well located hotel just off the station concourse excellent first impression. Second impression was even better when we were offered help with our bags as soon as we entered the hotel. A rare thing these days! Beautiful reception area, the hotel is a very welcome blast from the past - attention to detail and service. Rooms were light an airy, windows that opened to allow fresh air - no rumbling air con! Heaven! Traffic noise as you'd expect in a city centre but windows have secondary double glazing to block this out. Breakfast - excellent choice, quality ingredients, staff smiling and attentive. Vegetarian selection well above average. Conference dinner was also well above average, plates were hot, staff efficient but discreet. The conference facilities were faultless - beautifully furnished room with plenty of water, pens etc. Refreshments and lunches equally good quality. Beautiful blueberry muffins and brownies at coffee time. An impressive conference package. What stood out above all else however, were the staff who greeted guests with a "good morning" or "hello" and a smile. Happy staff = happy guests which usually means a well-managed establishment. Hospitality is obviously taken very seriously at the Grand Central - other hotels take note!

Stayed: September 2018

Dear Welshweekender

Thank you for such a fantastic review of your recent stay at the Grand Central Hotel, and I'm extremely thrilled to read how much you enjoyed your experience.

I will be sure to pass your comments onto everyone as they enjoy reading all our feedback.

I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel on a future trip to Glasgow.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I stayed here for two nights during a business conference, and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. My room was huge, with a large en-suite, and even included a safe and ironing board and iron, as well as tea and coffee facilities. Everything was clean and comfortable. The food was delicious, and the staff were friendly and helpful. A treat to stay here!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Dear Sarah Joy M

Thank you for such a fantastic review of your recent stay at the Grand Central Hotel, and I'm extremely thrilled to read how much you enjoyed your experience and particularly the helpful attitude of the team here.

I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel on a future trip to Glasgow.