1,602 results
All reviews four poster bed roll top bath whisky room stained glass windows monsoon shower west end nespresso machine deep bath classic room luxury hotel beautiful hotel great western road huge bathroom beautiful room birthday treat byres road mini bar
Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for one night as we were up for a wedding and we really loved this hotel. Our room, mad fish was beautiful, big, airy with the most comfortable bed and huge bathroom. Only thing that spoilt it was that there was no turn down service but otherwise it was lovely.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
JohnD11078, Operations Manager at Hotel du Vin at One Devonshire Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2018

Dear 283Tanga283,

Thank you for your recent review.

It was lovely to read your comments on your Hotel experience.

I was pleased you had the chance to stay as a wedding guest and found the room beautiful.

We can offer a turndown service on a request basis.

I hope you visit again soon.

Reviewed September 10, 2018

Stayed at this hotel first visit to Glasgow, on arrival we were looked after by a very Scottish porter dressed in a kilt and jacket he settled us into our room and gave us a map and showed us how to get into central Glasgow. We had a delicious evening meal and the room was warm the bed linen fresh and the beds very comfortable. The breakfast was lovely with a great choice of cereals and I had Eggs Benedict my companion boiled eggs both were hot fresh and grey and we had two servings of toast and coffee. We left our bags with reception as were were off out the whole day and the hotel organised transport to the station when we checked out.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
JohnD11078, Operations Manager at Hotel du Vin at One Devonshire Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2018

Dear mariedem06,

Thank you for your recent review following a stay at Hotel du Vin Glasgow.

I was so thrilled to learn you were well looked after by the team.

It was also lovely to hear you thought both the evening meal and breakfast was delicious.

We really value guest feedback.

I do hope we see you return soon.

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

Booked in for 2 nights to attend a family wedding! Not very impressed! Arrived to find we were only booked 1 night .. She then found a 2nd registration for the 2nd night in a different room!! The hotel consists of a terrace of 5 old 3-storey buildings joined together by corridors and is a bit of a rabbit warren and there are no lifts!! Our 1st room was very spacious and nice and was situated on the 2nd floor. We were told by reception after breakfast that we had to change rooms and to be ready for a porter to move us at 11am. By noon he hadn't arrived and we were all packed up waiting and panicking that we weren't going to have chance to get ready for the wedding at 2.30pm Went down to reception where we were told we should've vacated our room at 11am but couldn't move into our new room until 3pm!! Pointed out to them 're the wedding at 2.30 and fact we were still in our jeans etc so they allowed us to keep 1st room to get ready. So back upstairs, got unpacked again and I went to have a shower ... water was cold!! Anyway attended wedding (which was lovely) leaving our suitcases packed in our room. At this point we had not been told which room we were being moved to even!! We didn't actually get the key to our new room until about 8pm after the reception and we had to try and find it ourselves! It was right up in the eaves on the top floor and was much smaller than our 1st room and was extremely dark and the bed was very uncomfortable!! At £350 for 2 nights we were not impressed at all!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank CarolB1907

Dear CarolB1907,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay in Glasgow.

I was so sorry to learn that you were not very impressed with our Hotel.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any aspect of your stay which didn't live up to expectations,

I will personally follow up your comments with the relevant teams.

Unfortunately our Hotel doesn't have any lifts to the upper floors however if requested we can allocate ground floor bedrooms.

We hope this doesn't deter you from returning in the future as we would love to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed overnight after having our wedding ceremony there in the afternoon. Beautiful hotel but I believe it’s haunted. Long story short. Our pull-down blind shot up and made a huge noise as it hit the top of the window and woke us up at 5am in the morning. Didn’t think much of it until we looked at some photos my wife took at the night and saw a very strange reflection. Still, it’s something to talk about years to come. Very pleasant stay none the less.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank William H
John D, Operations Manager at Hotel du Vin at One Devonshire Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2018

Dear William H,

Thank you for your recent review.

A huge congratulations from all at Hotel du Vin on your recent marriage.

I was delighted to hear your stay was very pleasant one.

We really hope the blind didn't disturb you too much and you will return again soon.

Reviewed September 7, 2018

My wife and I stayed here for a one day stop over on our honeymoon. The receptionist upgraded us to the Grande Suite which was the most incredible hotel room I've ever stayed in. Situated on a main road, very easy to get to and well insulated so no noise from the road at all.
Staff were very friendly and made our stay most enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear James K,

Thank you for taking the time to review Hotel du Vin Glasgow.

Congratulations on your recent marriage.

I was so delighted when I heard your feedback and that the room provided was the best you have ever had.

What pleased me the most was to read that our staff made your stay most enjoyable.

We hope to have the pleasure of you returning again soon.