1,374 results
All reviews stockwell street city centre stayed here scrambled egg and beans hi express ice machine car park free breakfast the breakfast area yogurt reception staff min walk family room main shopping budget hotel comfortable stay short stay
Reviewed September 14, 2018

Very comfortable stay here for work. Spacious room with separate sofa and desk, although the chair was too low for working at the desk. Staff friendly. Nice breakfast including hot options. Would go back.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
gmexpressglasgow, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2018

Dear Liz A,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre Riverside.

I was pleased to hear of your comfortable stay while here for work and that you found your room spacious with good amenities.

That's great to hear that you took advantage of our Express Start breakfast we offer to all our guests as no additional cost.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kelly M
Guest Service Manager.

Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel because I had a business visit close by. I usually choose holiday inn because I am a loyal customer. However this hotel is terrible. Many staff members are exceptionally rude. The lady who checked me in could not look unhappier going about this. I felt this extreme negative vibe from her. This hotel is also infront of the stockwell road bus lane where there are multiple cameras and while trying to find your way to the NCP car park, you risk landing into one. The breakfast was pathetic and hardly edible. The scrambled eggs had shell in them. Lastly, there was a fire alarm on the first night of my stay at 12 in the night. I had been on the road since like 4 in the morning and because of the fire alarm and consequent hotel evacuation (standing in the cold outside for 30 mins for fire services to come). I will never stay at this hotel again. The staff behaviour needs to be monitored.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear ShivamC1,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel.

I was pleased to hear that our hotel was your preferred choice for easy access to your business meeting and that you are one of our loyal IHG members who regularly chooses the Holiday Inn Express brand.

I was awful sorry and dissapointed to hear of your check in experience and that you felt our staff could have been more accomodating. Please know that this is not the normal from us, we all aim to provide the best possible experience for all our guests as we want you all to feel most welcome and comfortable here. When looking back on previous guests reviews you will see that our staff service are always on top as this is the service we aim to provide.

I was sorry to hear that our Express Start breakfast was not to your liking, we offer a variety of hot and cold items and hope to cater for every taste. We do take all feedback on board as this helps us continually improve our service.

Every fire evacuation is taken very serious here and our main priority is getting our guests to safety while the fire services attend. I can understand how inconvenient this would have been for you although this is outwith our control. We aim to get all our guests back indoors as soon as possible.

I would like to apologise once again on behalf of all our staff here and we do hope that you will choose to stay again in the future.

Kelly M
Guest Service Manager.

Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here a on a recent visit & my husband had issues with one of the staff members at breakfast time & noise issues.
The issue was quickly resolved & we had a complementary return visit which I can only say was very enjoyable.
Room was nice & clean comfortable bed,view not to great as we looked out on to a car park 3rd floor rm 317 even though I stated on a previous phone call that I wanted 5th floor with a nice view, but as I said they done us well enough as it was a complimentary stay.
Will return back again here as it’s on a great location & nice clean hotel.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
gmexpressglasgow, guest service assistant at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2018

Dear Rosalind,
Thank you for taken your time to review your recent stay here with us.
I am very sad to read about an issue with a member of staff we take great
pride in our customer service from all off our staff members here i would like
to take this oppurtunity to apologise for any issues you may have experienced.
I am thrilled to read you had been giving the oppurtunity to arrive back at our hotel
to experience the outstanding stay that you experienced this time, I am very glad
that you had a good time with us we always like to make sure our guests leave our hotel with a smile on there face. If you have any issues with your bedrooms that may concern you we please ask that you bring this to our attention as we can
look into this to make your experience much better with us. We hope to welcome you back again in the future with us.

Emma M
Guest Service Assistant

Reviewed September 3, 2018

we stayed in this hotel, which is perfectly situated for a Glasgow visit, for 3 nights with our girls.
in the first night there was a false firealarm around midnight and we called the reception to let them know that our Alarm was ringing and they told us 'unfortunately all are ringing and hang up. We realized in Panic that there must be something wrong, woke up our Girls and ran down from the 5th Floor and took like for ever to get down with all the other tired People … we stood around and waited, than the firemen told everything ok and we could get back up - no Sleep for us this night as the Kids were very scarred. the last morning we had again a fire Alarm as we were about to leave the room with our luggage, our girls were very scared and ran ran ran and were crying. Ok the receptionist gave them some chocolate later on to calm them a Little bit, but that was it.
The Rooms are ok if you don't have big suitcases and don't have to stay with 4 persons, the breakfast is ok, but not more

• Trip type: Travelled with family
gmexpressglasgow, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Dear M J,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am sorry to read that your children were upset by the fire evacuations that took place during your time at the hotel.

Whenever the fire alarm sounds at the hotel we have to make sure that we do everything possible to maintain the safety of our guests and staff. While I can understand that having the fire alarm wake you up from your sleep can be upsetting it is of the utmost importance that we follow the evacuation procedure in place to maintain that everyone in the hotel is safe. It is unfortunate that there have been two evacuations during your stay but we must treat both of these with the same importance to again make sure that all of our guests and staff are safe.

We would really like to see you back at the hotel in the future.

Kind regards,

James Gourlay,
Guests Service Manager

Reviewed August 30, 2018

Very clean and just 5 minutes away from a the nearest supermarket and shops. The hotel ambiance was very quiet and the room size was very decent, complete with a very good water pressure. The breakfast was satisfactory as well.