All reviews tartan theme kelvingrove museum city centre street parking the main hotel four poster bed glasgow university west end guest house family room single room within walking distance clean bathroom sauchiehall street breakfast was excellent small hotel breakfast staff
Reviewed April 25, 2016

From entering the hotel I was greeted with a warm friendly smile at the reception desk.
The staff were pleasant and it was a nice start to my stay.
When I entered the room I was astounded at the freshness and cleanliness of the room. It was a single room well laid out and had an en-suit toilet, shower and the added bonus of a bath. Unless you live as I do in pensioners bungalow with a shower, a bath doesn't seem important but trust me, it is a luxury I would have paid for.....
The bed was excellent, the room was exactly what I required and I was well impressed by the standard of the Hotel, staff, and room.
The breakfast was a buffet type and cost £8.50 which in my honest opinion was money well spent. The food was excellent and bursting with flavour.
Staff in the breakfast room took my experience to a higher level. This team excelled in their job. Each and every one were warm, friendly, helpful and courteous. I have to admit that the breakfast cook got quite a start when she came up behind me and this long haired person turned out to be a man with a blue beard. After the initial shock she managed a warm friendly smile and I must admit I wouldn't like to meet me in the same way.
I loved the Whole experience and will most definitely go back to the Argyle Hotel

Room tip: Rooms at the front look onto the main road but the double glazing keeps it quiet....
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank James M
Reviewed April 22, 2016 via mobile

Booked this 30 minutes before arrival and was pleasantly surprised. This looks like it's been an upmarket place at one time based on the decor. It's a little dated but very clean. Bedrooms are comfortable and the bathroom in my room was very modern. Breakfast was ok, buffet so not freshly cooked. Wifi wasn't very good but overall good value for money. Staff were very good

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank David C
ArgyllHotel, General Manager at Argyll Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2016

Hi David
Thank you for your review. Argyll Hotel is a very traditional Scottish hotel with every room themed in a different clan tartan.
We always get very good reviews for our breakfast with both cooked to order and buffet.
Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements. Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments.

Thank you for staying with us at the Argyll Hotel.

Kind regards

Bobby Bashir
Hotel Manager
Argyll Hotel Glasgow

Reviewed April 21, 2016

Stayed here again last week whilst in Glasgow. As always room was spotless clean, wish I had the shower at home as it was fantastic. Staff as always were polite and friendly and always willing to help.

Breakfast was amazing with lots to choose from and better than some 4 and 5 star hotels.
Special mention to Linda at breakfast who could not do enough and was always on hand to offer more tea or coffee.

Keep up the good work.

1  Thank jay186530
Reviewed April 20, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for a short visit for a concert at the hydro
The hotel is very nice , tartan theme
Rooms large , we had 5 beds in our room so great if there's a few of you sharing
Beds were comfy enough , plenty pillows , shower room was lovely ,
Breakfast included in the morning was brilliant , self service of cooked breakfast , Also plenty cereal , and fruit
staff in the restaurant very friendly and offering coffee etc
the staff on reception could be a lot friendlier that's my only complaint , no smiles , no chat , reception is most important for making people feel welcome ? Right ? i didn't warn to them , they didn't direct us to our room or tell you where to go for breakfast ...
the hotel is on the main st , so if you follow it to the bottom you'll be in the centre of Glasgow for great shops etc
it's a 10 minute walk to the hydro so excellent for concerts , just turn right out the hotel , take first right and head straight down
Lovely park 2 minutes away - kelvin grove park
Is beautiful , the weather was lovely so I had a stroll round the park , people were chilling on the grass , playing Frisby , our walks , cycling etc
lovely bars and restaurants very close by
Would stay again definitely

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Deeaberdeen
Reviewed April 19, 2016 via mobile

We stayed here when we went to see a concert at the SSE Hydro. The hotel is in a good location for both the hydro and city centre. We received a warm greeting from hotel staff and they were friendly throughout our stay. The communal areas and the room we stayed in were both clean and tidy and the breakfast was good with lots of choice. We would stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple