2,257 results
All reviews the executive lounge city centre sauna and steam room two double beds leisure club bit dated per day leisure facilities argyle street car park haggis porridge central station stayed here for one night motorway conference pounds
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I travelled to Glasgow from Newcastle as a group of 15 to celebrate a hen party. Check in was smooth and we were all placed within a few rooms of each other which was great. Once in the allocated rooms and having unpacked I then noticed we were without our room mirror. I called reception who could only move us to a different room rather than fix the problem. As we’d unpacked this wasn’t something we were willing to do however in future I’d suggest you make guests aware of any fault prior to going to the room.
Once we had freshened up we all gathered in reception where the lovely Amy called us all taxi’s to take us into the city centre, these were around £5-£6 per cab.
The beds are not double but more 3/4 therefore two adults sharing can be a little snug.
There are only two towels in the bathroom however located in the chest of drawers are two sets of spares.

The tea making facilities were great and the maids were very accommodating in providing extra milk, tea etc.

The location of the hotel is great, only a 15 minute walk to the city centre with a Wetherspoons on the way for a pit stop.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and should I come back to Glasgow I’d certainly stay at the Marriott again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is in a pretty good location just west of the city center. It’s a bit dated and can use a refresh. The rooms are just ok and the beds were kind of hard. The executive lounge was nice. The restaurant and bar seems to get overwhelmed pretty quickly once they hit a certain capacity. Had some service issues here, but the rest of the hotel service was fine. Ample parking on site.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Ryan G, Guest Relations at Glasgow Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Thank you caryon1 for leaving a review with us following your recent stay at the Glasgow Marriott hotel.

It's great to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. I will certainly share your valuable feedback throughout our teams, as we are always looking to see where we can improve on moving forward, as we strive to improve our guest experience.

Once again, thank you for leaving us your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back with us once again to the Glasgow Marriott hotel.

Ryan Griffiths
Guest Relations

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

My whole family came to Glasgow for the world championships graduation and ball as my husband and sister are graduating. The ball is being held in the hotel which is why we are staying here. My husband is from Glasgow and decided to stay at his childhood home with our son so I had a night with my niece. We decided to go down and have a nice breakfast the two of us. We walked into the breakfast room and got our juice. We were then approached by a waitress telling us that we had to get out as we were in our pajamas. I then told her they were our clothes which they were. She had on a JoJo tracksuit( which she wears to school) and I had on a Savida cardigan with ASOS trousers( not even tracksuit bottoms). I asked to speak to a manager and she apologized. I asked her what the dress code was and she said jeans?? I then asked for her to print the dress code policy out and she said she couldn’t. I told her we were humiliated and didn’t feel comfortable having our breakfast and she told me to have it in our room. I then asked to speak to another manager. Along came Craig the food and beverage manager. All he wanted was for me to except his apology which I didn’t. While all this was going on my sister was sitting in the breakfast room beside the check in station listening to all the staff talk about the situation and saying that punches were going to be thrown. She turned around and told them it was unprofessional and they were unapologetic. I was supposed to come back here for a wedding in July but that definitely won’t be happening now. You pay good money to stay in a hotel to then be insulted and humiliated and then they just want you to except their apology. My day is ruined and all I want to do is go home. I expected more from a Marriott. Sitting here in the lobby at the moment looking at guests walk in in their slippers,shorts and nothing being said. Talk about discrimination. If your anyway different in how you look or dress I don’t advise staying here

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank elbmaz
Ronald d, Guest Relations Manager at Glasgow Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Thank you elbmaz for leaving a review about your recent stay at the Glasgow Marriott hotel.

First of all, we would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this might have caused and I have forwarded your feedback to our General Manager, who would get back to you to resolve the issue directly with you.

Ronald de Wild
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed March 29, 2018

We liked only a few things. The bed was soft and nice. The distance from the town center was good, 15 minutes walking. The breakfast was good. There was available a taxi always in the front entrance.
There was no freeze in the room. Actually the room has an old freeze but the cover of the door was screwed to the furniture and you had no access to the freeze! We asked for two big bottles of still water and they told us there is a surcharge for the delivery (9:45), we accepted the surcharge (we were not informed of the exact amount) and the water arrived very fast. The receipt was for UKP 12,5!!! 4,25 UKP/bottle of water and 4 UKP for the delivery..... to be honest I have to say that the bottles of water were the huge ones of 1,5 lt each. Difficult to carry such a load.... in the elevator for 4 floors. Also it worth to be noted that we had to pay the water by cash.... They could not accept to charge it on the room although they had my visa card. When I made the booking almost a week prior to arrival they told us to check for availability of two beds on arrival. When we arrived they told us that they never list two beds through the site and there is no room available with two beds. I slept with my son.... no big deal. The hotels allow a taxi to be on the front door, but they will not give you any feedback for the charges. The last day we called a taxi and the receptionist told us there is one available. For a standard fare/distance from the hotel to the airport which is 12 to 14UKP with traffic we paid 27 UKP with no receipt!

Stayed: March 2018
3  Thank Diomarhuta
Ronald d, Guest Relations Manager at Glasgow Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2018

Thank you Diomarhuta for leaving a review about your stay at the Glasgow Marriott hotel.

It sounds like you had an enjoyable time in Glasgow, but it is a shame to read that we haven't met all your expectations during your visit to the Glasgow Marriott hotel.

The hotel boast a taxi rank where taxi from Glasgow Taxi's can rank and can take you anywhere throughout Glasgow and beyond. Even when the taxi's aren't available our dedicated concierge team can make a booking for you and under normal circumstances the booking will be accepted within 10 minutes. A taxi to Glasgow Airport is approximately £25,- depending on traffic, but there are other means of transport, such as the Glasgow Airport bus 500, which leaves from Bothwell Street approximately every 15 minutes. A return ticket for this bus is approximately £12,- and a single ticket is approximately £8,-.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and I hope you had a safe journey wherever your travel brought you.

Ronald de Wild
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed March 27, 2018

Family stop over for a one night trip to Glasgow.
Very good service from the staff who were friendly and helpful. Comfortable and clean rooms, although for a family room there was not a lot of spare space with two double beds in it. Was slightly annoyed that we only got 2 bath towels, one set of toiletries and 3 tea bags for a family room. I suppose we could have got more but didn't realise until the morning when we were all getting ready to go.
Didn't use the gym but pool and steam room/ sauna were nice to have access to. Plenty of parking and easy to get to from the motorway, about a 15-20 minute walk from the heart of the city but there were regular buses. Overall we had a good stay with no complaints but felt that the hotel was a bit dated for the price, £220 for a family room excluding breakfast is a more than it was worth. At £60 for a family of 4 for breakfast we went out!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Dave H
Ryan G, Guest Relations at Glasgow Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2018

Thank you Dave H for leaving a review with us following your recent stay at the Glasgow Marriott hotel.

It is great to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay and the service from our staff met your expectations. I would further like to apologise for the incorrect amount of amenities in your family room. I have shared your feedback with our Housekeeping Manager in order to ensure that this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward, as we strive to improve our guest experience at the Glasgow Marriott hotel.

Ryan Griffiths