2,259 results
All reviews the executive lounge city centre sauna and steam room two double beds leisure club bit dated per day leisure facilities argyle street car park haggis porridge central station stayed here for one night motorway conference pounds
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Wanted to check in 35 minutes before the 3pm check in time but they wanted £20 to do so! It took a while for them to stop changing for basic WiFi now they are looking to recoup the cash somehow. More brand damage for Marriott but they don’t care!

Trip type: Travelled on business
RyanG3741, Guest Relations at Glasgow Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you R2386IDdavids, for leaving us your feedback following your recent stay at the Glasgow Marriott hotel.

It is a shame that you have been left disappointed following your recent visit in regards to an early check in fee. I have passed your comments on to our reception team in regards to this.

Once again, thank you and I trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Glasgow Marriott hotel again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 7, 2018

Best thing about this slightly old-fashioned hotel is the fabulous staff, all really friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. And a thumbs up for the in house breakfast too - good range of things on offer and very tasty. Where the Marriott doesn't meet expectations is their wifi provision. It must be ten years since I checked into a hotel that didn't offer free wifi throughout. Here, there is free wifi in the public areas but for some inexplicable reason, not in the bedrooms (though this can be purchased). In addition, the system is clunky, with a need to re-log in each day for a new 24 hour period. Time to update!!

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you StephenEMoss, for leaving us your feedback following your recent stay at the Glasgow Marriott hotel.

I would like to first of all thank you for your great feedback around our staff and our breakfast offerings, I will certainly pass this on throughout the teams. It is a shame however that you have left feeling disappointed that we charge for WiFi. We do in fact offer complimentary WiFi for all our guests that sign up to the Marriott Rewards scheme.

Once again, thank you and I trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed November 7, 2018

Bed was very comfortable and that is the only good thing I can comment on. Could not get a pot of tea in the lounge/bar area. Was told I could have a cup delivered already poured and cold for £3. Said they had no prices available to offer me a pot!!!!!. Could not get wifi in the bedroom unless I agreed to pay more for my room. I had already paid £130!!!!. had travelled for 4 hours and was desperate for a cuppa!!! This was not a good experience. Emailed and told management and their reply was come again and tell us and we will make sure same does not happen again. In other words spend another £130 with us. Would add that we also had lunch there and still could not get a pot of tea.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
RyanG3741, Guest Relations at Glasgow Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2018

Thank you AnneC3352, for leaving us your honest feedback following your recent stay with us at the Glasgow Marriott hotel.

It is a shame that overall you have been left disappointed following your recent stay with us. I understand you have been in communication with our Guest Services Manager directly in regards to the challenges you faced, and we would further like to extend our sincere apologies, and assure you that your comments have been passed on.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back and better your next experience with us.

Reviewed November 6, 2018

I stayed her for my mums birthday with her, we got little extras since we were celebrating, the spa is fab also, highly recommend. bang in the city centre, close to everything, so either a short walk or taxi ride gets you to loads of stuff near by

Date of stay: December 2017

Thank you Landsboroughofarabia, for leaving us your great feedback following your recent stay at the Glasgow Marriott hotel.

It is fantastic to hear that you had a great time in Glasgow and enjoyed your stay us. We hope to serve you again when your travels bring you back to Glasgow.

Reviewed November 5, 2018

Hi,

Whilst all our past stays at this hotel have been good, this one was our best stay ever due to the tremendous commitment of all staff in ensuring guests have a memorable visit.

As it was my wife's birthday, the bouquet of flowers and Prosecco in our superior room was greatly appreciated by both of us.

The continuation of the Executive Lounge makes the Glasgow Marriott stand apart from many other UK Marriott properties. The Executive Room staff were very customer focussed and added to the excellent overall ambience.
The Scottish breakfast was very comprehensive and, on this occasion, presented nice and hot - well done Chef. The restaurant Manager was a wonerful meet and greeter.

So, thanks to all the Glasgow Marriott Associates for making this special occasion so memorable.

See you all again in the near future.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank anthonyj05
Ronald d, Public Relations Manager at Glasgow Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2018

Thank you Anthony J for leaving a review about your recent stay at the Glasgow Marriott hotel.

It was a pleasure to be of service and I am delighted to hear you had a wonderful time at hotel It is our pleasure to have made your stay at the Glasgow Marriott memorable and we have highlighted your valuable feedback with our dedicated teams to ensure we continue on delivering the service we are known for.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write this review and we hope to be of service again in the future.

Ronald de Wild