“Funky type of place”

Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 3, 2017

Visited here recently during a weekend in Glasgow. Lovely atmosphere on a Saturday night. Simple food cooked great. Brilliant entertainment from a group playing 60s 70s music.
A lovely evening and well worth the visit.

Reviewed October 2, 2017

I was working early Sunday morning , got a craving for a nice breakfast , went into St Louise because to was close to my business, main tables were busy so ordered at bar and sat looking out window , the food arrived after about 20 minutes, not an issue as I was chilling reading a news paper, place seemed to have a nice vibe with family's having brunch , the food was a let down , egg was ok , toast was ok but the overcooked and dry black pudding , sausage ( Frisbee potato scone) tepid tomato, cold mushrooms were inedible, who ever sent the food out from the kitchen should have been ashamed of themselves , it was more than obvious that the food was poor, it was the WORST, paid My £9 at bar before plate was cleared away, put it down to I bad choice on my part and wont be back.

1  Thank brian o
Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

A friend introduced me to this lovely place while we were in Glasgow for a day of errands and shopping. Wow. I went in with a light appetite for lunch...so I thoroughly enjoyed my salmon and avocado salad; but next time I’ll know to make sure to try the Gumbo. Oh yes, they are licensed-so it was a kick to treat myself to an espresso martini as well. Yum.

Reviewed September 29, 2017

Went here for a late lunch with my wife When we arrived it was empty So we were given menus straight away and drinks shortly after We both took the top of the range burger as they were supposed to be the best Not for me or the wife Burgers took ages to come as by now there were maybe a dozen people in and they seemed to be served before us but anyway Burgers were under cooked and the wife left most of hers but the biggest problem with this place is that they let dogs in ! And there must have been at least 6 in at the time we were there stinking the place out and shaking hairs everywhere Will not be back im afraid ! Dogs and food dont go !

Reviewed August 29, 2017

This is a relaxing place to have coffee, lunch, an evening meal or drinks. The food is simple but tasty, the staff are wonderful and some of the music nights or literary events I've attended here have been fantastic. It's become a neighbourhood institution. Long may it continue.