“First and last visit” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
West Lothian
“First and last visit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

Just returned from a last minute deal at Hotel Indigo.This was our first visit to the hotel and first impressions as we walked through the door were what a beautiful hotel. We checked in and were given our key cards. We opened the door to our room and were very impressed. I unpacked my case as my husband went to check out the bathroom only to find the toilet full of brown water and toilet paper, he flushed a couple of times and when the water cleared the 'blockage' was clearly visible. I contacted reception and a member of housekeeping came to the room and flushed again and decided to go and get a bucket of water to try and shift the 'blockage' but to no avail. I then contacted reception and said that no one should arrive at a four star hotel to be presented with a scene like that and was told we would be moved. We packed up and went to the other room to find a birthday card and chocolate for Mr McLaughlan (our name is Morrison and we were not celebrating a birthday) Not sure if Mr McLaughlan was due to arrive at the room or if it had been left from previous guests.
We are still waiting on an apology about the toilet and find it disgusting that it had not been cleaned from previous guests leaving and us arriving.
Sorry Indigo such a shame as lovely hotel but has definately put us off returning.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank WendyMWestLothian
IndigoGlasgow, Manager at Hotel Indigo Glasgow, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the manner in which you found your room and the follow up from our team.

Our believe that our General Manager has been in contact with you regards this issue that you have highlighted.

I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel and restore your confidence in our genuine welcome.

Revenue Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
  • Arabic first
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

Excellent location if you're arriving by train at Central station (especially if it's late at night!) - just a few minutes walk straight along Waterloo Street. Very friendly staff on reception, and for the price I paid (£49 a night for two people) excellent value. Indigo is Intercontinental's 'boutique' brand, so a bit above Holiday Inn standards if you're familiar with them. The free minibar doesn't have much in it (the alcoholic drinks mentioned in one of the other reviews is only in the premium price rooms) but as a Platinum Priority Club member (do join the scheme, it's free!) I was given complimentary vouchers for the 'cocktail of the week' and found the bar staff very friendly too. Rooms are not big but are very comfortable and the selection of TV channels on large screen TV good. Good walk in shower and well appointed bathroom features and toiletries. All in all very comfortable. I can't comment on breakfast (or dinner) as I didn't eat in the hotel - it wasn't included in the room rates and therefore tends to be expensive (around £15 per person for full cooked breakfast I think, which adds £30 to the room rate!).

Room Tip: Probably best to have a room away from the main street, although I don't really know if this wou...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank MikeWReading
IndigoGlasgow, Manager at Hotel Indigo Glasgow, responded to this review, 4 March 2012
Good to hear you enjoyed your short break with us and thanks for taking the time to post your comments and review of the hotel. I was pleased that you found the hotel and the service to meet with your expectations and do hope that when you are planning your next short break you keep us in mind.

Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

I recently stayed at Hotel Indigo on a package of 2 nights bed & breakfast with dinner on 1 evening.
From the moment we arrived until we left we were made to feel so welcome and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. I had contacted the hotel on a social network site to ask for advice on what to do whilst we were planning our trip, on check in we were presented with a folder full of information which someone had taken time to look through and add post it notes to highlight things they would recommend- they even arranged 2 complimentary tickets for a place called the Corinthian Club.
The rooms itself are small but perfectly formed and include murals depicting different areas of Glasgow history. It was great to have an iron and board in the room already aswell as a mini fridge with complimentary snacks, also the bathroom night light feature was something I had never seen before but a great idea.
Breakfast was cooked to order so no worries about how long the food had been sitting and dinner had a great range of choice. Another lovely touch was that in the restaurant they have portraits of local people featured, on leaving the restaurant I asked the name of one person I didn't recognise - the waitress immediately presented us with a book to borrow which explained all of the portraits- the artists and subjects.
The location of the hotel is also ideal - we had to catch a very early train but as the hotel was only a few minutes walk from the train station (and shopping areas) this meant we were able to have a little bit longer in the most comfortable bed I've slept in for ages.
I can't wait to return not just to this hotel but to Glasgow which is a wonderful and friendly city.
Definitely worth a visit!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank IrishOnTour2007
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments after your recent trip to the Hotel Indigo Glasgow

I was delighted to read that you found the team helpful. I have shared your comments with all the team and they are pleased that they helped make your stay such a memorable one. We do spend a lot of time with the team but we are very lucky that our staff truly care about a guests stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

Myself and three friends decided to book this hotel as it allowed us all to share the one room for a night out in Glasgow. We stayed here on a busy Friday evening and i simply couldn't fault the overall experience. The reception staff were excellent and really friendly, i was concerned they would be a bit frosty given that we were all in the one room and might think we were a hen night or be a bit rowdy but they didn't question this. The room was lovely with two large double beds, decorated to a high standard and spotlessly clean with a huge bathroom and lots of fluffy towels. The free mini bar was a nice touch and staff were happy to help with any queries we had. We didn't sample the food or the bar service but i would recommend this place highly. I also noted that as were checking out several repeat customers were arriving so it can't be bad.

Room Tip: We plumped for a 'blue' room which was very nice!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank SJ1176
Thank you for your kind review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

ayrshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

Went for the weekend. The room was spotless and quiet at night. Everything you need for a luxury weekend. The only draw back were the meals, dinner at night was poor,hardly any choice and when it came it was dry and tasteless. How Tam Cowan gave it 24/25 I'll never know, could they have known he was coming. Breakfast disappointing too,it was cooked for you but had long wait and enough for me but not for my husband. Really disappointed. Can't praise staff enough though everyone very polite and helpful, especially on reception where it matters.Would stay there again

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jinty179Ayrshire
Thank you for your valuable feedback.

I am sorry to learn of your disappointment with the offering in Limelight Bar & Grill.

When staying on a dinner bed and breakfast basis guests have the option to dine from our bar menu, market menu, which changes on a weekly basis or our a la carte menu so my apologies if this information was not clearly advised to you by our operations team.

Our aim is to provide an outstanding experience and I am sorry that we were not able to achieve this on your visit.

I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit to Glasgow.

Aberdeen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

This is a lovely hotel and is unbelievably good value: free cocktail, free mini bar, great hairdryer, robes and slippers, all the toiletry stuff, beautiful shower, enormous bed and TV?! Amazing. I have paid £200 - 300 a night elsewhere for these standards!
The bed was comfortable and the room very quiet, despite the location very near Central Station.
The only thing I didn't really like was the cooked breakfast choices. I didn't really like the 'Scottish' elements; the pancake, black pudding and Lorne sausage. I would have preferred a bigger rasher of bacon and a good Cumberland! Maybe a choice would be good? The continental buffet was wonderful.
Still, the evening meal was nice and the staff very attentive (although the bar was a little slow). We had a very relaxing stay and will certainly go again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank AliAberdeen
IndigoGlasgow, Manager at Hotel Indigo Glasgow, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Thank you so much for your positive comments & for taking the time to share your thoughts about the hotel after your recent stay with us.

I will pass you comments on to the team and very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Edinburgh, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

Stayed here for one night as we were spending a weekend in glasgow. First impressions were good - the reception is open-plan with a nicely-designed bar area, and check in was friendly and efficient. Really liked the room as well - compact but well designed and loved the turquoise colour scheme, also the nice touches such as complementary snacks and water, bathrobes, and tv speaker in the bathroom. Had a lovely night's sleep with no disturbances whatsoever.

The only downside of our stay was breakfast. The restaurant was busy admittedly but we could see free tables, despite which we were kept waiting at the desk for at least ten minutes. One party was ahead of us and we weren't even acknowledged until they were dealt with - fair enough but what annoyed me was that when they were taken to their table we were then told "just a minute" by a waitress who then went back to laying cutlery out on another table (not the one we were then given). I would have thought that dealing with guests who had already been waiting for some time would have been more of a priority than that. The same waitress then got our breakfast order wrong (twice in fact - firstly my cooked breakfast didn't come at all, as it hadn't been ordered in the kitchen, and then when it did, it wasn't actually what I had ordered). I also thought the buffet selection and quality of the cooked breakfast were both pretty unimpressive considering the place charges £16 or so per head. I've had much better service and quality of breakfast at a Premier/Jury's Inn for half that.

Perhaps I am being over sensitive and I don't want to give the impression that food is all I'm interested in, but the breakfast service let down what was otherwise a top-class establishment. I'd definitely stay there again but if I do I'll go somewhere else in the morning!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank dizietsma
IndigoGlasgow, Manager at Hotel Indigo Glasgow, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Many thanks for deciding to stay with us at Hotel Indigo Glasgow and for taking the time to feed back.

I appreciate your comments regarding breakfast and will take this up with our Operations Team at the hotel.

Based on the customer feedback we have received about breakfast we are about to launch our new breakfast menu which will offer a wider range of options available. We do hope that you choose to dine in the hotel on your next visit to the city and give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your feedback.