1,320 results
All reviews cupcakes union street cup cakes glass roof fresh milk central station ground coffee office building caledonian chambers ceiling fan home made ice cream sky box sitting room little touches top floor on arrival boutique hotel
Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

Coming to the end of a visit to the west coast we decided a couple of nights in Glasgow would be a good way to end our trip. I stumbled across the reviews for the Grasshopper by accident whilst doing a trawl of hotels that would give us easy access to central station. We were not disappointed the hotel is above a office block owned by Network Rail next to the station.....do not let this influence your decision to try this hotel, once you step out of the lift on the 6th floor where the hotel is situated it is like entering a different world, simple and uncluttered rooms, interesting art, Scandinavia style decor, the best showers I have ever experienced in a hotel, great breakfasts, complimentary cup cakes, someone did a great job in thinking through what they wanted to offer from this hotel and has a great staff team delivering it, nothing was too much trouble. So do yourself a favour don’t be influenced by the name ( which i actually like) and take a risk and book this hotel ...I don’t think you will regret it

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2018

£138 per night, breakfast not included. We were willing to pay this because of the great reviews but sadly room 629 is to be avoided at all costs. The curtains were stained and the windows were lacking a coat of painted. In fact paint was peeling off the windows exposing rotting wood underneath. Dust was thick around the skirting boards and radiator.We opened the window and looking down on a ledge found it to be littered with cigarette butts, an old drinks can and an empty plastic sandwich wrapper. Not what you want outside your window. The staff were lovely and I was offered a £20 discount. I asked why it cost so much and she said it was Saturday night rates.The owner of the hotel lives in Suffolk and visits occasionally. Maybe he should employ a professional manager to oversee things. Will not be back. Shame because location was good.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

I thought it might be noisy given the location, but, it was nice and quiet, comfortable and in a downtown location that made it easy to get to the river for a walk on the path or anywhere in the downtown area. Staff was great!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2018

Great place to land after a tran-satlantic flight. Easy to get to from the airport, very central to restaurants and sights and basically next door to the train station. Breakfast is also very good and coffee excellent. Highly recommend.

Stayed: September 2018
Reviewed September 16, 2018

I booked in here for one night for my arrival in Glasgow - I was coming back to town later in the week and had booked at my "regular" hotel for those nights, but I'll definitely stay here in the future!

This is a great small hotel with wonderful personal touches. Extremely well located for arrivals into and departures from Central Station, and easy to find from the bus from the airport.

It's definitely not a luxury hotel, I don't know why they say that in their literature. Rather, a friendly and homey hotel that does so many things right. I liked the upbeat cheery styling, the clean lines, and the light. Even being right downtown, it was not noisy. The ceiling fan in the room was a great addition. I had a bit of an odd single room as it was divided in two halves by a load-bearing wall, but it was just fine. Everything was clean and the staff were friendly. I didn't get to take advantage of the treats on offer or the common sitting room but would definitely do so if I were to stay longer.

Just really fresh. I loved the art that they had and they explained that it's all local stuff - it was all set off nicely against the backdrops they had chosen for the hotel.

Breakfast was nice if a wee bit crowded, but that was fine.

Excellent value for money too.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo