All reviews great western road west end byres road cooked breakfast no lift city centre botanic gardens glasgow university single room hour reception top floor breakfast was included clean rooms priced hotel sized room budget hotel fresh fruit
Reviewed May 10, 2018

This was a charming hotel in a great location to walk to the University of Glasgow and St. Mary's Episcopal Cathedral. The size of the room was great and the beds were very comfortable. Our room was very quiet. However, the shower was tiny. The parking is free and it is tucked around the back. It was tricky to get to this hotel with the one way streets, but once there, it was in a great position..

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel recently. The check in was extremely easy with friendly staff. Rooms were very clean and a good size for the twin. There is not much parking, only 6 spaces behind the hotel and no bar in the hotel. The breakfast was nice with a good choice of contintnental, or full cooked breakfast. Central location with good bars nearby, and a short stroll from the botanical gardens.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Fintan H
Reviewed April 8, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is VERY basic. My room had lots of scuffs on the walls, carpet stained, WiFi connection really bad. Smelled of smoke although the hotel is non smoking.

Location is great for university and West end.

Breakfast is pretty good with lots of choice.

Staff generally friendly but reception had odd hangers on loitering about, possibly friends of the staff which wasn't very welcoming.

Have stayed next door at the Alfred Hotel, so much better.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed March 30, 2018

My brother and I stayed at the Heritage for the night to see the Univeristy of Glasgow. The Heritage Hotel is a literal 5 minute walk from the university so prime location for that. The hotel staff were super friendly and helped us with any questions we had! Breakfast was included in our booking price which was wonderful; they had both continetial and full breakfast options. The room was clean and had everything you would need such as towels, soap, hair and body wash, a TV and even a hair dryer! More than satisfied with our stay at The Hertaige Hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed March 4, 2018

This is a really fantastic wee hotel to stop at and brilliantly priced! I booked a last minute deal for one night including breakfast for pennies compared to other hotels in Glasgow! The room was great, spotless and the whole hotel felt welcoming. Despite being on a main road in the busy west end I didn’t hear a sound all night and slept brilliantly!
The breakfast was basic but very good and the breakfast staff were attentive and welcoming.
The gentleman who was on the desk when I checked in was really fantastic, he was friendly, helpful and I felt that if I’d needed anything during my stay I could just ask!
Great hotel, great price, fantastic staff! What more do you need?

Trip type: Travelled solo