2,894 results
All reviewsriver viewsquinty bridgecity centresse hydroattending a concertcar parkshower roomexcellent hotelreception staffmin walkrooms are smallmini barbreakfast was excellentideal locationtea and coffeemodern hotelstayed for one night
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I recently stayed in the hotel when attending the SECC for a conference. I had stayed in the same hotel before it was rebranded as a Hilton.

As before, I found the building and facilities very clean and staffed by happy, attentive people. The rooms are clean, well laid out and the Apple computer doubles nicely as a TV.

The guest facilities (fitness room, business centre, laundry room etc) have been greatly upograded since my last visit. I will be back whenever I'm back in Glasgow!

Reviewed March 30, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel many times when it was the City Inn and then as the Mint Hotel. Things are much the same with regards to the rooms since Hilton took over. On previous visits we have enjoyed freshly cooked breakfasts but on this most recent trip we were subjected to a dreadful buffet, low quality food, make your own toast (and let it go cold whilst you cue for the buffet), fruit salad far from fresh, and coffee that was tasteless. In addition the two members of staff on the desk were more interested in the conversation they were having than greeting us and showing us to a table. If we do come back to this hotel we most certainly won't pay for breakfast.

Stayed: March 2012
GlasgowOpsManager, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Glasgow City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay.

I am sorry that you found breakfast disappointing, as part of the re-branding we changed to buffet style breakfast as you have mentioned, however the food and coffee suppliers have not changed.

Hopefully you will choose to stay with us again when our extensive refurbishment is completed and you will benefit from our refurbished rooms.

Kind Regards
Brian

Reviewed March 27, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn (formerly called 'Mint Hotel') for a full week and really enjoyed my stay. As I was attending a conference at the SECC, I really appreciated being in close proximity to the conference building. A mere 3-minute walk took me there. While the hotel is not situated in the city centre, you still find restaurants, bus and train stops as well as some major sights of Glasgow nearby. If you want to get into town, take the bus that stops right in front of the hotel or, if it's a sunny day (and I got lots of them that week!), take a 25-minute stroll along the river and you're right in the middle of George Square.
As for the rooms: I was glad mine was on the 3rd floor, so I couldn't hear any traffic, but the walls of the hotel are quite thin so expect some noise from the neighbouring rooms. What I did appreciate was the fact that the room and the bathroom (no bathtubs, unfortunately) were spotlessly clean. Needless to say I loved the Mac computer/TV/radio. It was also nice to have a fridge in the room. If you feel peckish in the middle of the night, there's a 24-hour minibar self-service in the reception area.
All in all, a good choice. Friendly and helpful staff, decent breakfast and modern rooms make the Hilton Garden Inn a good choice if you want to be near the SECC and don't mind a little bit of walking / travelling to get closer to the city centre.

Dear Guest,

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and the good weather.

Our lobby shop ‘Pavilion Pantry’ has an excellent choice of snacks and is proving popular with our guests.

Thank you for your kind comments about the staff and your breakfast experience.

Kind Regards
Brian

Reviewed March 27, 2012

When I first arrived I was delighted to see that the hotel had laundry facilities. However, there were no clear instructions on how to use the machines, and I pumped 4 quid into the dryer to absolutely no effect. I ended up hanging up my clothes in my room to dry. It would have been cheaper to use the laundry service. I told a woman at the front desk and she apologised and said she would pass on the information, but she didn't offer to refund my 4 pounds.
I couldn't sleep well. The bed was so narrow that I fell off it, twice.
Having said that, some of the staff were very kind, and it was a very short walk to the SECC, which was the most important thing for me.

Reviewed March 22, 2012

We attended the Sting concert at the Auditorium recently and stayed here. This is the former Mint Hotel and we had stayed here before. It is a spotless hotel and the staff are very attentive and pleasant. We were allocated a room on the 5th floor, one of their 'refurbished' rooms. It was wonderful - a large bed, spongey carpet, fancy swing chairs, Mac TV/PC, kettle, complimentary toiletries and a/c. It was quiet and we slept very well. I can definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: 5th floor rooms have been refurbished the Receptionist told us. But they were gradually doing all rooms so it may be a worthwhile to ask for one of those in the foreseeable future.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple