2,910 results
All reviews river view squinty bridge city centre sse hydro attending a concert car park shower room excellent hotel reception staff min walk rooms are small mini bar breakfast was excellent ideal location tea and coffee modern hotel stayed for one night
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Having already experience a less than brilliant stay at Hilton Garden Inn ( when it was known as the Mint) and leaving an honest review of the experience here...

I was requested to contact the manager Brian with regards to this, and was invited back to the hotel for a complimentary evening stay with breakfast,with my Fiance to allow the hotel to recitify the mistakes they felt they made. Even though it was 9 months after my actual stay, i was impressed with the managment still wanting to speak to me about my stay and also to extend this offer to us.

On entering the Hotel, check in was smooth and professional, and the receptionist was very friendly and helpful.
Arriving at our room we were met with complimentary Proseco with a card welcoming me back from the manager which was a lovely touch.
The room was lovely and clean, bed was large and extremely comfortable, and all facilities in the room were clean, well appointed and well used by us.
The bathroom products were Neutrogena, which i thought was brilliant as usual basic supplies can be very harsh on hair and skin.
Room service is available from 5pm-10pm, and we placed an order at 9.45pm, with the food arriving very quickly, and being warm and vary tasty, which i was really impressed with, i thourally enjoyed it, and would order again!
Breakfast was complimentary, i didnt partake in this, as i was dissappointed to find you couldnt order it to you room, and wanting to enjoy the bed longer i stayed in the room while my fiance went to the dining room and enjoyed a warm breakfast, which was buffet style. The staff member there didnt have a note of us being included for breakfast but when my fiance explained we were complimentary by instructions of the manager Brian, there was no issue what so ever, and no attitude either, the staff are all genuinely lovely, everyone we met or spoke to was warm and welcoming, and curious if they could help us in any way.
Parking for the hotel for the length of our stay was £5, which is ok for City centre parking, i think this would be per day for the length of your stay so a few days may add up.
Upon check-out we were arranging to pay for our room service and parking bill and we were advised this had all been settled, which was a very lovely surprise and really made us feel like Brian had been genuine in his offer to treat us well and allow the hotel to correct previous shortcomings, which i really appreciate, and this is why i am re-reviewing the Hilton, i feel its only fair to let everyone know that the staff really do go all out to make you feel welcome, and also the small things do really matter and they understand this, and take care of you.

Thank you very much for a wonderful stay Brian, we really did appreciate and enjoy all your efforts, and as a result, would not hesitate to reccommend the hotel, or stay again.
Thank you very much.

Room Tip: A river view room is very lovely, get one if you can.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
GlasgowOpsManager, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Glasgow City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Dear ‘Shoegal81’

Thank you for giving us a second chance and sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards
Brian

Reviewed April 9, 2012

We booked this hotel through an agent for a hen week end and the agent booked the wrong date for us, so you can imagine how 10 of us felt, however I spoke to Andy Millarkie within Customer Service and he took the whole situation on board and dealt with it and at no point did he say he could not deal with it (we have all been there when nobody wants to take ownership of situations) which resulted in us staying at the hotel on the correct night as booked by the agent. On arrival at the hotel, we could not have asked for more, the staff were very friendly, the breakfast was amazing, the rooms were very comfortable and the bed was fantastic, could not fault this hotel at all and thanks to Andy we were able to stay here, would definately go back. Well done Andy, if you read this.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Dear ‘Joylal56’

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay.

It is great to read that Andy was helpful and resolved your booking issue.

Your kind comments about the staff and the hotel are very welcome and hopefully you will return soon.

Kind Regards
Brian

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights for a Conference. View from the room was indeed lovely and, although a little jaded, the shower room was good and the room a good size. However, the bed was solid. I asked if I could have a mattress topper or indeed a second quilt to help ease my back and although a quilt was promised - it did not actually appear. The river facing rooms are also south facing and therefore, as it was 24 degrees and very sunny during the day the room was very hot in the evening. The air con is old and when I turned the dial it fell off! It really did not work. My colleague was constantly on the phone to reception as the air con in his room also did not work. All I ask of a hotel room is for the bed to be comfortable and for a good shower. This did have a good shower but the bed - no chance.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Functional, Friendly, Few Facilities, but most importantly a decent nights rest !

Room Tip: River side if possible
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I stayed here as part fo a business trip and it is a very comfortable and cosy hotel. Modern in layout and furnishing. As a former Mint Hotel the property is in very good condition but I must say the lack of room service as an offer is dissapointing given our working hours it would have been nice to have breakfast in bed. I fear that as it has been taken over the service stanrds may be sliping but only time will tell....

Rooms overlooking the Quay are gorgeous and I would recommend asking for this room type if possible.

Some of my collagues complained of noise early in the morning as window clearers pully system was very disturbing dispite the fact that we asked the hotel reception on check in if there would be any noise distrubances as it would affect our sleep and were told NO planned works/cleaning etc was scheduled so watch out.

All in all a good short stay and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms over looking the Quay
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business