2,894 results
All reviewsriver viewsquinty bridgecity centresse hydroattending a concertcar parkshower roomexcellent hotelreception staffmin walkrooms are smallmini barbreakfast was excellentideal locationtea and coffeemodern hotelstayed for one night
Reviewed June 4, 2012

The HGI Glasgow is located on the scenic banks of the River Clyde, with nice views of the Arc Bridge and a stone's throw away from BBC Scotland, the Science Centre and IMAX. There's a Japanese/Thai restaurant across the street and an Indian restaurant (India Quay) which opens late and also offers reasonably decent takeout a few steps away.

The rooms are rather small and somewhat dormlike, but they offer an imac computer/tv, albeit with a rather small screen not particularly ideal for television watching. The bathroom is also tiny- in keeping with what one would expect from acceptable student's quarters.

The staff were neither rude nor overly pleasant. Frontdesk was efficient.

I had breakfast at the hotel which was up to the usual HGI standards. A decent enough spread and good hearty Scottish breakfast (complete with healthy porridge).

If all the rooms are like the one I was in, the hotel would not be suitable for those planning to spend much time in the room. To get to the small closet or the safe you have to squeeze between the bed and the desk/chair. But otherwise, the hotel is just fine.

Room Tip: For scenic views ask for a room overlooking the river and the Arc.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kenn_P
GlasgowOpsManager, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Glasgow City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Thank you for your reviewing your recent stay.

I am glad you enjoyed breakfast with the additional Scottish items we offer.

We have just completed a £1.5 million refurbishment of the hotel and have increased the size of our beds to enhance comfort for sleeping, the downside to this was losing some floor space.

I hope that you enjoyed your trip to Glasgow and Scotland.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Stayed Sunday 27th May for a concert at SECC with my daughter. Have stayed previously and was not disapointed this time. Reception staff very welcoming and obliging. Weather was beautiful so we were able to have dinner and breakfast outside in the sun. Made us feel as if we were abroad. My daughter used the gym on the Monday morning and was pleased with facilities. I love the chair in the bedroom, great for my back. Had a great stay everything was perfect. Had a river view which is great. All staff so pleasant. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay.

Our outdoor patio and terrace offer fantastic views of the River Clyde and having the option to eat outdoors is certainly a benefit of staying here.

It doesn’t get much better than your stay being described as ‘perfect’.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

My friend got married here on Wednesday and when I say the day was perfect it certainly was because of the lovely staff excellent food and the ambience. Well done the Glasgow Hilton. The head waitor I think was Michael sorry if I got the name wrong but you were perfect!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Our riverside location is an excellent choice for holding weddings and I was relieved that the rain held off allowing you to have your drinks reception on the patio.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

Like all Hilton Hotels, no surprises there, but the first of the 'Garden Inn' variety I've experienced. Nice riverside location with the only decent outside tables for miles - great on a sunny spring day. No sign of an actual garden, not that handy for the downtown parts of Glasgow but very convenient for the Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre (SECC). Some good restaurants nearby or within 20 minutes walking distance, as the hotel restaurant is fairly standard fare. No room service breakfast either.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the river
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay.

I am glad that you found our hotel to be as expected from Hilton.

Hilton Garden Inn can be found in over 530 locations in the world, some of the facilities you will find throughout the brand are complimentary wifi, business centre, guest laundry and fitness centre.

The weather during your stay was fantastic and our riverside terrace certainly kept the staff busy!

Reviewed May 31, 2012

We decided to stay over in Glasgow at the last minute as we were attending a concert at the SECC which we knew was going to finish VERY late. I will admit that we usually stay in a Premier Inn on these sort of stop-overs, but it was nice to go somewhere else for a change. The staff were polite and friendly, and very helpful with the questions we had. The room itself was lovely – very fresh look about it, and spotless. Hubby saw the iMac in the room, and that was him more than happy! We had a river facing room, which was really nice with the weather being as warm as it was. The bathroom was a wee bit smaller than I thought it would be, but that was the only very, very minor negative about our stay and it certainly wouldn’t stop us from staying again. After we got back form the concert I can safely say it was the best night sleep I’ve had in a hotel. We never heard any noise from other guest that were staying there (which is unusual), and the bed was incredibly comfortable. Would recommend this hotel if you’re staying over before a concert, or even a shopping break.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple