Hilton Garden Inn Glasgow City Centre
US$167
US$265
  • Restaurant
Hallmark Hotel Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$264
US$223
US$199
  • Restaurant
Fraser Suites Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$466
  • Breakfast included
US$140
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Jurys Inn Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$185
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
Ibis Glasgow City Centre(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$137
HotelQuickly
2,809 results
All reviewsriver viewsquinty bridgecity centresse hydroclyde auditoriumattending a concertcar parkshower roomexcellent hotelmin walkrooms are smallreception staffmini barbreakfast was excellentideal locationtea and coffeemodern hotel
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Until staying here I had not heard of this branch of Hilton but found it to be a cut above Premier Inn standard. The hotel was easy to find arriving from the west via Clydeside Expressway and also to leave on the return trip. The on site parking was good at the side of the hotel. The room was smallish but well furnished and comfortable and as a bonus I had a river view that was worth paying a few pounds extra for. The site is very handy for the SECC and other attractions and is only a five minute walk from these. The restaurant had a fairly good menu and I can recommend the rib-eye steak that came at a more than reasonable price. The staff that I encountered were generally of the young variety and all were pleasant and attentive.

Room Tip: The river view is worth a few extra pounds. I'm not sure that I would have enjoyed the hotel so much paying full tariff so try to get a discounted rate - you know they are out there.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I stayed there for one night (booked for three) but then changed hotels after the first night. Staff were gracious about this and my money was refunded without quesiton.

I had stayed here several times a few years ago and the service and facilities were fantastic. This is when the hotel was run by City Inn. I paid £150/night on this occasion (previously 60-120) (breakfast excluded) expecting the same quality/wee bit of pampering.

However, there is no longer room service aften 10pm or drinks -instead a microwave in the lobby with microwavable meals! I did not expect that of a Hotel charging that amount-premier inn /travel Lodge maybe, but this is the Hilton. The receptionist admitted that prices had been significantly increased due to the conference currently.

It felt as though so many corners had been cut since it was the City Inn. The view is still lovely, but I felt I was in a budget hotel with regards to facilities and services.

The room had no gown, slippers or items in the mini bar. There was not much space to walk as the beds are bigger now somehow. When I asked for a gown, they were very nice and pleasant on the phone but I had waited 1 hour and 3 phonecalls later for it.

I rang Crowne Plaza and booked 2 nights for 75/night including breakfast. I felt I got more than my moneys worth. The room was twice a big, if a little old fashioned but I felt I was staying in a good hotel.

Even having free internet access as other trip advisors have complimented was poor compensation. That is also not a Hilton feature, it was standard with The City Inn previously

This is the first and last time I stay at the Hilton group of companies hotels. The decor of the hotel is nice I agree, but it was not good value for money and felt like a budget hotel.

If you are not particular about amenities and want a quiet place to stay, but only if under £100/night.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same size
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Management response:Responded June 23, 2012

Dear amnahussain

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry that you felt the standard had decreased since your last stay. From your comments the changes that affected your enjoyment were the room service hours and lack of bathrobe.

The hotel has undergone a £1.5 million refurbishment including all the bedrooms, doubling the size of our fitness centre and introducing a complimentary business centre for residents to use.

Hilton Garden Inn has over 530 hotels worldwide all offering complimentary Wifi as standard.

Bathrobes are no longer a standard feature in our rooms however they are available on request and I apologise your request took as long as it did – we have acted on this to ensure this delay does not happen again.

Our room service times have changed in line with brand standards however special requests can be catered for when requested in advance.

Kind Regards
Brian

Reviewed June 19, 2012

I stayed here for just one night while on business in Glasgow - I actually booked in by mistake thinking it to be where my conference was taking place but it wasn't!

The room was lovely, had a fantastic iMac console that was the tv, had internet access etc. nice modern decor, had everything you'd need for a pleasant stay. It was right on the river and very close to the city centre.

I think this hotel is a good example of the Hilton group diversifying and going for a higher end Premier Inn type business. I'd definitely stay here again - its perfect if you're looking for a modern, cool and convenient place to stay while away on business. It was really very reasonably priced for the standard of accommodation, furnishings and location.

Staff were very helpful and polite - I left my iPad charger in the room and when I called to track it down after I'd checked out, they couldn't have been more accommodating - the housekeeping lady went to look, called me back to tell me she'd found it and it was put on reception for me to collect.

Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 18, 2012

hotel is not at place indiicated on map and sign are for "Mint" not Hilton hotel.Does not have secure parking. Bedrooms clean, comfortable and concise. Restaurant could not cope with function and 6 in dining room. Wedding function music kept us awake until 2am. Staff very helpful

Room Tip: not above function room
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Just spent two nights here as attending a conference and am very pleased with the experience. Staff very helpful and pleasant, rooms small but perfectly formed! I had a room overlooking the river which was great, bed comfortable, loved the apple mac, all together a very good experience. Also excellent location if attending the conference centre.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business