2,894 results
All reviewsriver viewsquinty bridgecity centresse hydroattending a concertcar parkshower roomexcellent hotelreception staffmin walkrooms are smallmini barbreakfast was excellentideal locationtea and coffeemodern hotelstayed for one night
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Booked to stay here for one night through 'late rooms'. Phoned at 6pm to inform them we were running late and would arrive about 9pm. Receptionist was fine with that. Upon arrive, we were told the was an error with the booking - why not tell me at 6pm when I phoned- 'Oh it's ok, we have arranged another hotel for, it's just 15 mins away' we were very annoyed as we had planned a whole night out in the city! Asked where hotel was EAST KILBRIDE!! Wanted a quick shower (after the 3 hr drive up) then have dinner and head out to celebrate our 2 yr anniversary! We informed recpetionist of our intended plans. She offered 1 complimentary drink each and dinner. Gee thanks. Poor serve.. Long waiting periods for drinks and meal. Recpetionist orders our taxi... Not informing him (or us the address) 25 mins later arrive at hotel. Dire place. Middle of nowhere and £30 taxi to town centre!! Expensive bar with no atmosphere and staff very hard to be found!! Not impressed. Never again

Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Ladybeetle78
GlasgowOpsManager, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Glasgow City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear Ladybeetle78

Please accept my sincere apologies for the poor service you received.

I would be extremely grateful if you could contact me directly to discuss further – brian.mcnelis@hilton.com

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Just spent the day at the spa. The treatments were excellent. The best massage I have ever had. The staff are so helpful, nothing was too much trouble. We also had lunch which was delicious. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I booked a room online in advance through hilton.com and got a super rate for this very clean and modern hotel. The location is great: right by the water and an easy 15-20 walk to downtown. Parking is 5 pounds a night which, considering the rate of the room, was very reasonable. We did not eat at the restaurant, so I can't comment on the food. The staff were very helpful and the room had everything we needed, even if it was a bit on the small side. The hotel was easy to get to from the airport. A great first night for us in Glasgow!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Tracey_Hall_uk

Thank you for such a positive review and for highlighting our friendly staff.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Spent a night here recently. It was the first time I had stayed since it was a City Inn, and the change of ownership is not for the better. there was nothing really wrong, it just had a chain feel, rather then the more individual character it had when it was a City Inn.

That said, I'd use it again. it is good value and well located, with cheap overnight parking: a rare thing in Glasgow

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear AlantheTrekker

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay.

I am sorry you feel that the change of ownership has not been for the better, we still offer the same benefits as City Inn with the added bonus of a full refurbishment and can now reward regular guests with the HHonors loyalty scheme.

I am delighted that you will stay with us again and hope that we can improve your rating to 5/5 next time.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Good location. We were able to walk to the city centre in about 20 minutes. Hop On/Off Bus Tour stops right at the hotel and a 2 day pass was put to good use. Restaurant breakfast was good with a good selection. Overall service was good. Only complaint was that there was an odor left in our room after the maids visit. Not sure if this was some sort of spray, but it wasn't nice. I would go back. I booked this with Hilton points and was here as part of a vacation. Mac computer in room as well.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank BillMc

Dear BillMc

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of the Glasgow tour bus that stops outside the hotel offering a fantastic tour of the city with your ticket valid for 2 days.