All reviews spiral stairs ground floor central location ncp car park double room city break an overnight stay bars and restaurants george square
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Clean, comfortable bed, tiny toilet and shower room, disappointed in the breakfast, felt like a hostel for trippers wanting an overnight stay and not a city inn. Polite staff all the same and very central for shopping and site seeing but price is above what its worth.

Room tip: ask for ground or first floor, 3 fights of winding stair case to manage
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2018

Horrible. It’s not a safe hotel. Terrible customer service.
The hotel entrance is separate from the reception area - had to go through 2 sets of doors to get to reception from the entrance. Doors to rooms have to be locked with a key when you leave - does not lock behind you. Have to leave your key at reception when you are leaving the hotel. Internet doesn’t work - was told to come to reception to use internet. Had to call reception from my cell phone because there was number for reception on the room phone. Was told the internet sometimes doesn’t work when there are other guests using it. Was checked in for 6 nights and checked out after 1 and they refused to refund my money. They said they won’t be able to rent the room out and why should they lose money and wouldn’t give me any paperwork saying that I was checking out. I’m disputing the charge with my credit card company. Also located across from a nightclub that is open 7 days a week and goes until 3am. Walls are paper thin. You can hear entire conversations from other rooms. Do yourself a favor and avoid this place.

Room tip: Don’t book anything at this place.
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights for a work related trip. Very clean, basic but comfortable, in the heart of the centre. BUT 2 of the worst nights sleeps i have ever had. The walls are paper thin, both nights i had minimum sleep due to the shouting, screaming, music, moving of furniture, jumping around and doors slamming next to my room. At one point when i had the back of my head against the wall, it bounced away from the wall because of the force of whatever they were doing at the other side. I do not beleive reception couldnt hear all this yet i do not beleive on either night that the rooms were spoken to by the workers. I attempted to contact my friend 13 times to SOS as i felt so uncomfortable and anxious by what i heard and not being able to sleep. I could have gone to reception to complain but at this time there was alot of shouting, screaming, intimidating male voices that i was actually frightened to leave my room.
I took several recordings over the 2 nights of the noise.
I will not return here due to this experience.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Navigate761768
Reviewed March 18, 2018

With a great city centre location it's got a lot going for it. Two minutes from Argyll street and five from the subway so was able to get out to Kelvingrove and the Byres road really easily. Nice room with ensuite, lovely and warm. Great selection of foods for the continental breakfast so didn't need the cooked option.
Nice helpful staff, will definately be returning.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sean D
Reviewed March 12, 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel for my mum for mothers day for a overnight stay we had a great time hotel was spotless, it was quick check in at reception staff where lovely and polite also a great breakfast and owners are lovely would high recommend this to anyone very central too and good for money we definitely book here again.

Trip type: Travelled with family