“Great atmosphere ”

Ranked #764 of 2,602 Restaurants in Glasgow
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 11, 2018 via mobile

Four friends enjoyed the "loft" eating space with great service and good food. The soup of the day was Tuscan bean soup with a tomato base. Spiced perfectly. Others had the chicken schnitzel and enjoyed it. The braised beef was a lot of food for one person but enjoyed.
Overall a nice dining experience

I would recommend it to others.

Reviewed May 8, 2018

I know these things happen but there was a hair on one of the cakes on the counter. I pointed it out to the server behind the bar (I was just getting food to take away). She kind of laughed. As I walked away I looked back through the window and saw her pick the cake up, remove the hair and replace it. Probably would have been more acceptable to put in the bin?

Reviewed May 4, 2018 via mobile

Very limited vegetarian options. I’ve been here a couple of times and each time have been disappointed. The food is unexciting and poorly executed - the humous was particularly grim tasting (not sure how you can get this wrong). The venue itself looks really nice but definitely wouldn’t recommend eating there.

Reviewed April 19, 2018

I've been to Epicures probably some 6-7 times, but last few times have been really dissapointing. In the past I had dinners and lunches which were ok. Lamb for a dinner and mussels for lunch were nice, but a friend had a salad, which she found overpriced for what it was. Today I went for a coffee with a friend and I ordered warm brownie... It came badly burnt, which left me with a horrible after-taste. They brought another one, which wasn't burnt, but it wasn't the best brownie in the world and its size was pretty small and thin. Surprisingly, at the end they didn't feel to offer it complimentary for this mishap, which normally any self-respecting place would do, so it was quite surprising. I didn't suggest it, thought it should be a good-will gesture to keep customers. I suppose that's not their policy or maybe waiting staff wasn't trained well to do so when customers food is not up to high standards. And another surprise, the price for the brownie! Probably the most expensive I ever had for what it was. The brownie was £6.50, for a tiny piece with only a small drop of fresh cream. Extortionate! Shame, because the place has a gorgeous decor, nice atmosphere, but not sure I'd be back. If I will come back, probably only to have a tea (with no desserts)...

Reviewed April 7, 2018 via mobile

We popped in on a Saturday around 1pm for lunch. Wasn’t busy which seemed unusual- now we know why. Ordered 2 ciabattas which took forever to arrive, very uninspiring, dry with no dressing on the very poor salad. Looked like it had just been dumped on plate. We asked for some dressing and was presented with a thimble full for 2 people. Won’t be returning.