“New menu - aye go on then!”
Review of Biscuit Cafe - CLOSED

Biscuit Cafe
Price range: US$4 - US$13
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I do love a brunch. And where better in Glasgow than the new home of brunch in Glasgow: Shawlands. Biscuit has been around a few years but is now under new management, and their first big change has been the introduction of a new menu.

The new offering is fresh, modern and so good that I went back just 24 hours later! First time round I had poached eggs on sourdough bread with a lovely hollandaise sauce and bacon. I got greedy and added spinach and black pudding into the mix. Beautiful stuff.

The next day I tried a staff favourite, sweet potato rostis on a bed of avocado, chilli and lime, topped with a poached egg. And wow, what an amazing dish: light, zingy and a hell of a flavour rush when you take that first bite - it's a must-try.

The staff are lovely and attentive, the coffee is great, and I've picked up a couple of songs from the cool playlists on the go. Can't wait to go back!

David S, Owner at Biscuit Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2018

Hi Richard. Glad that you enjoyed our new menu and thanks for coming back for more. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

From the moment you walked in you were met by a friendly smile I decided to have the lasagne with salad it was absolutely lovely the best homemade one I’ve ever tasted and a lovely hot skinny latte it’s a pity I’m going home tomorrow as this little gem of a place I would have been in every day . If ever in the area please give it a try you will not be disappointed ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Hi Susan. Thanks very much for your kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and we hope to see you again the next time you're in town.

Reviewed April 1, 2018

Open early doors on a chilly Saturday morning. Welcomed by friendly smiling staff and advising that the menu was new. This was our first visit and straight away we knew it would not be our last.

Fabulous selection of foods to choose from. Both vegetarian meets and fish offering a tasty variety of meals. We had poached eggs and salmon .Yum . Poached eggs and bacon .Yum Yum, Freshly cooked and beautifully presented plates could have been warmed but this is my preference and not always possible in a busy cafe.

Our coffees and teas were also excellent.

Cakes looked great but not today.

Spoke briefly with owner who advised that there were plans afoot to freshen up the decor.

Looking forward to our next visit.

Hi TartanPimpernel. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to Biscuit. We've only owned the cafe for six weeks and we do indeed plan to freshen up the decor so watch this space! We have also addressed the plate warming issue. Thanks for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 18, 2017 via mobile

Staff were lovely food delicious and generous portions. I had the smoked salmon salad which was huge and had had a beautiful dressing it also came with a side portion of coleslaw and cream cheese. I couldn’t finish it (but my partner did). He had lentil soup and a roasted vegetable wrap which he said was lovely. May daughter had a BLT panini which came also with coleslaw on side and a generous salad with balsamic dressing. I would most definitely go back. My only slight negative was it looked a little cold inside.

Reviewed August 22, 2017

After we arrived here in Biscuit cafe we arrive before 4 pm we choose our menu was cold chicken and salad with chips the waitress taken the note of our menu and came back to say they din't have any items that we want it of the menu Well i mean its not rocket science to make one perhaps the waitress din't remember it was not on that day (Monday) and has for lady toilet what the point of having a double toilet roll there where non left i had a bit of bother try to get some toilet roll whats left of it and for the wast basket it was full to the brim you can get a very small swing bin it would look neat and tidy so when was the last time our toilets where checked on that day i should't need to tell that you have run out of it so my partner drank his drink and left for a better cafe/restaurant

1  Thank Great Aunt C