“great stay”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow
Ranked #32 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 9 April 2012

we booked the radisson as we got a great deal , the room was great size, spotless, and very comfortable. the staff were great very helpful, even when we wanted to use the pool and it was unavailble ,they offered to get us transport to take us to hotel lilbit down the road , this was our first time here and would definatly stay here again .

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow

Reviewed 8 April 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights as we got a good B + B rate over easter. The hotel is centally located in Glasgow with all the shopping areas only a few minutes walk away. We drove but saw that the central train station was literally 30 seconds away so would be perfect if you were getting here by train.
The hotel itself look great and our room ( a standard double ) was spotlessly clean and of a good size so we were very happy with this. Breakfast was fantastic !!!! The choice available from the buffet was excellent and there was also a different menu for freshly cooked items ( fried eggs / porridge etc ).
We also had an evening meal in the hotel which was also excellent and if you dotn want to venture too far in the evening then I can certainly recommend the in house restaurant.
While the hotel does not have its own car park there are 2 NCP multi story car parks a few minutes walk away. We parked on Jamaica st which was 200 yards further away but a bit cheaper. Overall if you are looking for a city centre stay then I can recommend this hotel with no doubts at all.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Stayed here again in March and once again had a lovely stay and a fantastic time

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Stay at the hotel for one night and was impressed with how modern the building was compared to some other hotels i've stayed in recently. The room itself was spacious enough and very clean. Hotel staff were very helpful and pleasant.

The room I was in had super full length windows although the view was of a derlict building site next to the train station, so not much to look at!

I was attending a function in one of their conference suits and the meal provided was top quality. For breakfast the next day i ordered room service and had the salamon bagel , this was ok but not fantastic.

I requested a late check out the next day and the hotel had no problem with this.

Room Tip: I had a standard room and this was fine.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Normally I stay at the Marriott but I was attending a dinner function at the Radisson and my company booked me a room here. I opted to upgrade to a family room to take my wife and son. Seems strange that you get quoted a price for a family room and are then told you will be charged an extra £15 for a rollaway bed. Turns out it's not a family room but a junior suite in which they put an extra bed. Friendly check in and on entering our room we were immediately welcomed with a snack platter.

When I was at the meal my wife and son were able to watch the pay movies that come free as part of the junior suite package. Likewise there was no tray charge for their room service and the food was good.

Comfortable and good sized room, great range of toiletries and a fancy coffee machine in the room.

Our only issue was with breakfast. We were quickly seated but waited ages for our coffee/tea order to be taken and eventually had to ask for same. Still took a while to be served thereafter.

It was good to try somewhere else but in future I would probably go back to the Marriott. Even allowing for what the Marriott would charge for room service and movies it would have been £40 or so cheaper with them plus the parking at the Marriott is a lot cheaper and closer.

Room Tip: Junior suites gives free movies and there is no tray charge for room service food.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Staff were very friendly and professional. The room was lovely, very clean and modern. We were at a function and the food was good although nothing spectacular. Breakfast was very great, brilliant choice of food/drink to suit every one. I really enjoyed my stay here and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
RossSaunders, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Hi louisesu2001,

Thanks for the Trip advisor review.

It's great to hear you had an enjoyable visit with us and hope we see you again soon.

Regards,
Ross

Reviewed 3 April 2012

Cold staff who were unfriendly and I seemed to be inconveniencing them because they didn't cut my room key correctly!

Breakfast was served in what seems to be a meeting room. This was cramped and unwelcoming.

There are many better hotels in the city. Stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2012

Hi Gregmcgowan,

Thanks for the Tripadvisor review.

I can see we never managed to get it right on your last visit. Excellent customer service is something we strive to achieve here at the Radisson and I'm sorry we never got it right for you this time around.

Please contact me directly if there are any points you would like to discuss further.

Kindest Regards,