“Treat after Christmas spending!!”

Beefeater Black Bear
Ranked #349 of 2,692 Restaurants in Glasgow
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Beefeater opened their doors back in 1974, and were driven by a passion for glorious steak. Mouth-watering cuts at mouth-watering prices was their motto. Reassuringly nothing's changed, these things still drive them today and they always will. Beefeater believe in two things, a warm friendly welcome and serving incredible steak that you can kick back, relax and enjoy. Make sure you stop by the Black Bear when you're in town, whether you're visiting Celtic Park, the National Velodrome or the Atheletics Village, we're the perfect place for a tasty steak
Reviewed January 14, 2018

We hadn't been for 6 months and eating out was the order of the day. On arrival one of the staff advised if we wanted to eat we would have to order straightaway as they had a party of over 100 expected, this initially made me nervous that our order would be cooked in a rush and not up to standard, So pleased I was wrong my Chicken Escalope was cooked to perfection and my husband barely uttered a word through his mixed grill with peppercorn sauce, and even better with our Loyalty card mains had 50% off so a delicious meal and a bargain. And we'll be back

1  Thank 469belindak

Reviewed January 14, 2018 via mobile

Visited today for lunch with family. I had the Rodeo Stack burger and it was delicious. Can’t fault the service (male manager, grey shirt) and the difference in the restaurant is incredible from my last visit. Comfier booths, lighter and just a better feel about the place.

Wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this Beefeater now, we all thoroughly enjoyed our lunch today.

Reviewed January 12, 2018

Went into bar for quick lunch.Had to look for staff to get served initially. Ordered chicken sandwich which specified had chicken,bacon and mayo on menu. No mayo on sandwich so was extremely dry. “Chicken “ was like no chicken I have ever had. Unsure if it was frozen fillets but not nice. Also heard woman behind me say the same thing. Husband had coke and was due refill but again unable to get staff for this meanwhile food getting cold so gave up. Would have stayed for coffee but poor service and quality up to that point put us off.

Reviewed December 18, 2017 via mobile

Used to go here before I went to London 20 years ago. Still visited from time to time, when I came home. It does change, which is good, as it evolves with the times. Ive been four times since I settled back in Glasgow over 18 months. We’re not talking fine dining, it does exactly what it says on the tin. We did go this month and the mixed grill and surf and turf were very good. Everything cooked very well. Would put some steak houses to shame. Always got amazing offers on the go. Well worth a visit. Keep going guys.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank LaurentC410
Reviewed December 6, 2017

My family and I all meet for lunch, ten in total. We had starters, main meal and desert along with drinks, all courses were excellent and the drinks were fine, a very enjoyable time, the staff were second to none. We will certainly return in the near future.

Date of visit: December 2017